If you are looking and you are trying to find the right gas hedge for homeowners, then the Husqvarna 122HD60 is your perfect option. It has been designed especially for people like you and me, individuals who want to only pick up a hedge trimmer, turn it on without a complex process and then start to cut our hair with a sharp blade.
Today we will be looking at its features, specifications, and pros and cons. But before that, let us know what do hedge trimmers do and how do they work.
How do Gas Hedge Trimmers work?
These bad guys of the yard and the garden are capable of cutting hedges, brooks, and even small branches into the trees. Any gas hedge trimmer is compact since it carries its power supply.
Hedge trimmer lets your hedges and shrubs looking perfect without wasting too much of your energy and time. Standard industrial models are all powered by 2-cycle engines. That means you will need to supply them with a gas/oil blend.
Gas motors use an oil- and fuel mix to reduce the power required for a hedge trimmer. Comparing the electric motors, gasoline engines have even more power and thus can perform excessively difficult hedge-cutting activities.
A gas-powered cover trimmer functions like an automotive engine in combustion fuel to produce the oscillations required to lift the blades. The drawback to a gas coating trimmer is that both the gasoline and gas engine daily servicing have to maintain it in top quality than an electric hedge trimmer and are more costly to run.
About Husqvarna 122HD60 Hedge Trimmer
How do you like to make the work of cutting havens a joy? With Husqvarna 122HD60, you can just get that. In all sorts of things, motors and sewing machinery and everything in between, Husquvana always has always been a term closely linked to consistency.
While the Husquarna 122 HD60 is a petrol-driven beast, it is suitable for trimming gas hedges and has functions like noise dampening, which makes it a better choice for people who don’t want to become enemies with their neighbors! The use of a powerful motor that produces 4,050 cuts per minute does not cost usability.
See Where Husqvarna 122HD60 Ranks in Our Best Gas Powered Hedge Trimmers
Summary of Feature
- This hedge trimmer is silent and simple to use with its low noise technology and unique design.
- Smart Start: the engine has been programmed with minimal effort such that the motor can start fast.
- LowVib: Effective dampening systems absorb vibration, mitigating discomfort on the hands and arms of the user.
- The rear handle is flexible so that the side and top of the hedges can be easily trimmed.
- Air Purge: removes the air from the carburetor and fuel system for easy and fast starting.
- Long bar to extend the trimming range
It is a fact that most gas-powered hedge trimmers are noisy. A conventional gasoline hedge trimmer will threaten peace in the area and demands earmuffs as a result of this work.
Instead of a sound system like the other petrol-hedge trimmer you should not have to annoy your neighbors, the Husqvarna 122HD60 makes minimum noise. It has state-of-the-art engine technology that makes only less noise during operation.
Smart Start for Smooth Operation
The 122HD60 model uses the Smart Start technology of Husqvarna such that it starts easily and effortlessly. The resistance to starter cords is decreased by up to 40 percent, while the fuel pump of the unit is simple to start with.
The Husqvarna 122HD60 has a specifically built motor and starter to quickly and effortlessly start and stop the unit. The motor comes with a smart starter as well as a recoil starter, which ensures a fast and easy start of the unit.
The engine also features an air drainage system to separate air from fuel and carburetor systems to improve further the reliability of operation.
Easy to Adjust Handles
The Husqvarna 122HD60 gas-powered hedge trimmer features a rear handle that is adjustable so that you can cut the sides more easily other than the top of your hedges. It is also easier to make vertical cuts because of the rear grip twist and swivel.
The length of the Husqvarna blade is around 60 cm. The long blade offers you extensive access to all parts of the hedge. It also encourages you to cut more for a higher working pace with every sweep.
The double-sided cutting bar enhances the Husqvarna cutting pace. The rate is approximately 4,050 revolutions per minute. Heavy blades guarantee better efficiency of cuts.
It ensures that during its service vibration dampeners are absorbed to keep the hands and arms free of any vibrational discomfort. It is an impressive function because it reduces the burden to users.
Recommended for You: Best Cordless Hedge Trimmers for Large Hedges
The trimmer has an Air Purge System to easily remove air from the carburetor at start-up and a stop button to start until it is pressed to make the next use easier. It eliminates any air inside the fuel-fuel system and the carburetor, clearing idle passageways and ports to make the start cleaner and quicker, while the auto-stop switch is a less worrying thing to do while starting the hedge trimmer the next turn.
Perfect Weight for Everyone
Whenever you’re thinking of purchasing one, always remember the weight of a hedge trimmer. Not only can heavier models easily wear you out, but they can also even make your job a boring one by inducing cramps.
The Husqvarna 122HD60 has a net weight of about 4.8kg and is, therefore, one of the lightest petrol hedge trimmers on the market. The light is incredibly easy to use in combination.
The rear handle on this trimmer turns 90 degrees, reaching up and down branches quickly and easily locks for safe use. This style fits well for the convenience of the customer and reduces bending and back pressure from extending to the top and sides of hedges.
- Maximum Twig Diameter: 0.8 inches
- Cutting Speed: 4050 cuts/min
- Engine Cylinder Displacement: 21.7 cm³
- Power Output: 0.8 hp
- Weight: 4.8 kg
- Maximum Power Speed: 7,800 RPM
- Fuel Tank Volume: 10.14 fl. oz
- Fuel Consumption: 0.73 lbs
- Idling Speed: 2,800 RPM
- Knife Length: 59 cm
- Teeth Opening: 28 mm
- Sound Power Level: 101 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure Level (Operator’s Ear): 94 dB(A)
- Warranty: 2 years
What We Like About Husqvarna 122HD60 Hedge Trimmer
- Little noise. The Husqvarna makes minor noise during service, unlike most gasoline hedge trimmers. This ensures that you don’t have to concern about your neighbors. The technology which is the low noise engine is available to minimize noise.
- Performance. Some users of this hedge trimmer did not have trouble believing that it will easily cut hedges. The blades can accommodate big limbs, rose bushes, and damp woods of up to 3/ 4 inches with a very thick stem.
- Smooth start. The low compression and nature of the Husqvarna fuel pump make it easy to turn it on. The resistance to the starter cord is reduced to 40%
- Body design. The Husqvarna body is made of aluminum that ensures the durability of the device. It will work for a few years without thinking about breaking like its plastic counterparts.
- Fewer vibrations. The 122HD 60 also has LowVib (advanced vibratory dampening) for a better working experience, which even after an hour of hacking does not induce pain in your palms.
- One of the best qualities is the rotating handle. 90-degree rotation involves a lot less bending and contortion, so you can easily spin vertically or sideways in strange directions to meet branches.
- Dual motion, stainless steel blades from the Husqvarna 122HD60 are remarkably tough, easily cut through branches of up to one inch.
What We Don’t Like About Husqvarna 122HD60 Hedge Trimmer
- When it is at maximum throttle speed, the Husqvarna 122HD 60 is likely to turn off. Since it restarts quickly, it will increase the trim time. It’s also very irritating to see the trimmer go off in the middle of the work
- The device does not have a debris protector, such as some other trimmers or a shoulder strap, to carry off your arms
How to Maintain Your Hedge Trimmer
You need to maintain your tools if you want them to last. This means continuous maintenance, cleaning, care, and storage. And that’s no different when it comes to the hedge trimmer.
Components such as blades, engines, air filters, and handles need to be taken care of regularly. Take a look at some simple ways in which you can keep your hedge trimmer efficiency and durability in the coming years.
Clean Your Blades Regularly
Cleaning your hedge trimmer blades is so simple as to clean them for any use with soapy water and a towel. It is also advisable to apply a lubricant to the blades after cleaning them.
Try not to keep it between cleanses for long and hopefully, after all, use. Finally, make sure the blades are completely dried until the tool is stored away.
Sharpen the Hedge Blades
The most time-consuming component of its maintenance is possibly sharpening your hack trimmer blades. However, it doesn’t have to be a tough challenge. Limit the sharpening of the blade to once in 50 hours and go carefully so that too much metal is not wearing away. Take it to your nearest service center if you are not certain about this step.
Always Lubricate Blades
This is the simplest of all the maintenance tasks. After a proper clean and rinse, the blades should be lubricated best. So don’t overdo it, a little goes a long way.
Choosing a hedge trimmer calls for serious decisions. This cannot only be pulled from the market by taking price alone into account. When selecting the hedge trimmer, it is critical that your performance and weight requirements are met.
For cutting of twigs and branches, especially those which are bigger, the Husqvarna Hedge Trimmer 122HD60 can be your best option. It works also well when trimming smaller hedges. This product’s ultra-modern look and design ensure that it is state-of-the-art when it comes to all technical details and any other complexities.
After a thorough review of this, we decided to give it a rating of 8.5/10.