Table of Contents
Best Cordless Vacuum For Cars 2021
I am grateful to be of service and to bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most cases I receive referral commissions. Eventually, I may earn enough to buy a beer or two 🙂
If you drive your car every day, it’s possible that keeping it clean is a daily challenge for you. Crumbs, dust, and debris collect over time, resulting in an unappealingly dusty interior. The best cordless vacuum for cars will help you in keeping the interior of your vehicle clean and dry.
There are many vacuum cleaners made especially for smaller spaces, making it simple to clean and maintain the interior of your car as a pristine sanctuary. Many are cordless and compact, making them more maneuverable than standard home vacuums and most shop vacs.
These vacuums are designed to fit into narrow spaces and extract crumbs from even the tiniest cracks. To sweep up messes that could stain the chairs, others even come with a dusting vacuum, a motorized brush, or an upholstery unit.
To access hard-to-reach areas, some use a cleaning hose, crevice gadget, or extension hose. They’re designed primarily for cleaning the interior of your vehicle, as others are either too limited or insufficiently efficient to clean a home.
Five things you should know before buying a Car Vacuum
1. Do you need a wet&dry car vacuum or just a dry vacuum cleaner? While a wet/dry vacuum will clean up both wet and dry messes, most vacuums are only allowed for either one.
2. Can you use a vacuum with a power cord in your parking place, or do you need a handheld cordless vac? Vacuum cleaners that are cordless are more comfortable, but they still involve charging.
3. Weight — after long cleaning sessions fighting dirt and waste, even slight weight differences add up.
4. Do you have a pet that travels with you in your vehicle? If this is the case, they are prone to leave dander and dog hair in the car, making them a big cause of mess. Check to see if the vacuum has a pet hair feature.
5. Suction – a vacuum’s suction power determines how well it cleans, especially on carpeted floors.
Before you buy it, make sure to answer all of these questions so you can pick the right car vacuum cleaner for your needs.
#1 Dyson V6 Car + Boat Cordless Handheld Vacuum
Dyson has become a household name due to a range of items that blend cutting-edge technology with an unusual and convincing bundle to satisfy a variety of daily needs. After using their vacuuming products for the past two years, I’ve come to admire Dyson’s cordless vacuums for their longevity and effectiveness.
Dyson launches the V6 Car+Boat handheld vacuum cleaner, which makes it a step forward in terms of cordless and compact vacuuming device creativity. While the new Dyson V6, with its size and weight of just over three pounds, can necessitate the purchasing of a storage bag separately to hold in your vehicle or boat.
The handheld device is the best choice because of its outstanding flexibility, which allows it to almost completely replace your home vacuum for small to medium jobs.
The V6 comes with a total of six accessories to help you get into every single corner of your vehicle. The hose attachment, which helps you to clean very tight areas like the dashboard and under the seats, is my absolute preference.
All of the tools listed above may be added to the hose assembly, making it the most important component of the product.
You can also use it to clean flooring, keyboards, lampshades, and vents inside your house. It’s that flexible. If you don’t need the V6 Absolute’s floor tool, save some money and get this instead.
Pet Hair Cleaning
Traveling with your pets can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a lot of work. The pet fur that builds up inside seats and carpet is the greatest problem for a lot of car owners.
There are a few gadgets on this vacuum that can help you cope with pet fur. The first is a small motorized brush that can be used on smooth surfaces such as car seats and carpet. Switch to the rigid bristle brush option if you’d like more pressure or the place is tight.
- Dust Capacity: 0 gal
- Cleaning Method: Dry
- Cleaner Type: Handheld
- Dust Collection: Bagless
- Manufacturer: Dyson
- Width: 15.6 in
- Depth: 8.2 in
- Height: 5.7 in
- Weight: 3.31 lbs
- Power Type: Rechargeable Batteries
- Full Charge Time: 3.5 hour(s)
- Operating Autonomy: 20 min
- Filter Type: Washable Lifetime Filter
- Cyclonic Technology: Yes
- Maximum Suction Power: 100 Air Watts
- Details: Adjustable Suction
- Offers incredible suction for a handheld vacuum.
- You can clean your vehicle, upholstery, and even your bed with this versatile tool kit with the same mini motorized brush as the V6 Mattress.
- A 20-minute run time is adequate.
- Throughout the charging cycle, lithium-ion batteries have consistent capacity.
- Easily lock the attachments on the body by clicking on it.
- Fairly Expensive
- The batteries aren’t replaceable, meaning you’ll have to take it to a Dyson repair center if it fails.
- Dirt bin can be messy to empty and clean – you may need another vacuum to do so
- No HEPA filtration
Where to buy Dyson V6 Car + Boat Cordless Handheld Vacuum
#2 Ryobi One Plus Cordless Handheld Vacuum
The Ryobi One+ Handheld vacuum is unique among vacuum cleaners in that it has a fast replacement filter and an easy-to-clean dust cover. This ensures you’ll never have to settle for less vacuuming capacity.
This handheld vacuum has a compact form factor, making it suitable for small-scale vacuuming activities such as sweeping up after a DIY job, cleaning the vehicle, hitting hard-to-reach locations, or just keeping everything clean and tidy.
The Handheld Vacuum’s 18v production is also remarkable since almost every other manufacturer only sells a 12v (or less) alternative at this price point and throughout the range.
Ryobi One+ Range
The Ryobi One+ Vacuum Cleaner has the same oversized soft grip as the rest of the One+ series, as well as interchangeable batteries. The Hand Vac is easy to wear and use for long periods of time thanks to its soft grip and perfect weight distribution.
Since it’s part of the One+ line, you can use batteries from other Ryobi power tools, such as your Multi-tool (read our Ryobi One+ Multi-Tool Review), to prolong the battery life.
For your convenience, we’ve put together a comprehensive rundown of the entire Ryobi One+ Battery Range.
We think it’s fine that the unit doesn’t come with a battery. It saves you money on purchases and is good for the environment because you don’t waste money on batteries you don’t need.
The Ryobi One+ Handheld Vacuum is a compact and powerful addition to any home or workshop, in our opinion. If you already own one or more Ryobi tools, it’s a no-brainer, thanks to its long run time and compatibility with the rest of the One+ line.
- Battery life: 25 minutes
- Suction Clearing Width: 8.5 inches
- Product Weight: 7.2 lbs
- Product Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.88 x 5.35 x 20.27 inches
- Power Source: Battery Powered
- Voltage: 18 Volts
- Filter replacement that can be changed quickly
- Ideal for small-scale vacuuming, especially in vehicles.
- Dust cap that is simple to clean
- The Handheld Vacuum has an integrated crevice nozzle that can be stored safely in the handheld vacuum when not in service.
- Its big head makes it difficult to use in the narrow areas of your vehicle.
- The 4Ah battery pack makes it quite heavy, with the majority of the weight distributed at the rear.
Where to buy Ryobi One Plus Cordless Handheld Vacuum
#3 VacLife Cordless Handheld Vacuum
VacLife, one of the best and leading companies, offers this vacuum cleaner. It cleans every nooks and corner of the car, as well as the entire home. It’s a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner that’s convenient to keep and run. Here are some of its characteristics:
Strong Suction – This cordless hand vacuum (VL106) has a super-strong motor that provides powerful suction, making it ideal for renewing dusty floors and keeping your home tidy. Suitable for regular washing, including the removal of hairs and dust. It’s a great option for cleaning both your car and your house (only for dry use).
Lightweight & Deep Cleaning
The high-powered cordless car vacuum cleaner comes with two separate nozzles to satisfy all of your car cleaning needs. The couch vacuum is compact and can penetrate certain difficult-to-reach places, such as the distance between your sofa and the interior of your car, and the ultra-bright LED light means that your cleaning work is performed under both bright and dim light.
The cordless handheld vacuum is equipped with HEPA filters and advanced wraps that are washable and more sturdy; the detachable dust cup is suitable for simple and quick trash disposal, making it handy for another cleaning job.
It takes 3-4 hours to charge the battery vacuum cleaner, and it can run for up to 30 minutes on a single charge (The hand vacuum can fully clean your whole room on a full charge).
- Package Dimensions: 17.3 x 5.5 x 5 inches
- Product Weight: 1.94 pounds
- Manufacturer: VacLife
- Included Batteries: 1 Lithium-ion battery
- Batteries Required: Yes
- It can be used in the car as well as at home.
- It comes with a washable HEPA filter that makes it reusable.
- Up to 30 minutes of battery life is likely.
- When opposed to other handheld vacuums, some users say that this one has less suction capacity.
Where to buy VacLife Cordless Handheld Vacuum
#4 BLACK+DECKER CHV1410L Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
Everybody loves a clean home. But how do you vacuum it? It shouldn’t be tedium if it isn’t necessarily fun. This is where a cordless hand vacuum will help. It’s a simple way to clean up spills, touch up dusty places, clean under sofa cushions, clear dust bunnies from under a bed, and a number of other things.
Since the introduction of the Dustbuster by Black and Decker in 1979, this compact vacuum has been as popular as full-size upright vacuums.
Cleaning the Filter
The filter is divided into two sections: an outer plastic mesh that traps larger debris such as pet hair and crumbs, and an inner fabric filter that traps smaller particles.
Cleaning up is easier with this style. However, in order to preserve suction, you’ll need to clean the fabric filter on a daily basis. Just click the two release levers on both sides to clear the dirt cup, then dump it into a trash can.
The frequency at which you can vacuum is determined by how much dust you clean per day. Obviously, the dustier the place, the more filter cleanings are needed.
Bare Floor Cleaning
The nozzle is large enough to take in mid-sized pieces of debris like cereal, breadcrumbs, pet droppings, and so on. This is better used as a spot clean-up. The suction is powerful enough to pick up fine to medium-sized soil, so it won’t be able to pick up massive or heavy objects so they won’t pass into the hole.
Since this is a handheld, spot washing carpeted floors is the best use for it. Since it lacks a motorized brush, it can only be used on low-pile carpet.
However, this will be ideal for sweeping hard-to-reach areas like edges and corners.
- Attachments Included: Pull out crevice tool, Foldable brush tool
- Battery: Lithium-ion
- Charger: Charging stand
- Charge Time: 4 hours
- Run Time: 15 to 30 minutes
- Net Weight(with Battery): 3.8 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds
- Overall Length: 14 inches
- Battery Indicator: LED
- Filter Type: Inner Cloth Filter and External Plastic Mesh Filter(washable)
- Dust Capacity: 20.6 oz.
- Air Watts: 23
- Voltage: 110v
- Warranty: 2 Years Limited
- Battery with a long life cycle
- Charges easily
- Affordable and light-weight
- There’s a lot of strength without a lot of weight.
- A little cup of soil
- Lot noisy
- No wall charger
Where to buy Black + Decker Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
#5 Hoover DustChaser Cordless Car Vacuum
One of the best portable vacuums on the market is the Hoover DustChaser Cordless Mini Handheld. However, it is the design of this vacuum that makes it fully mobile. This vacuum is slim, trim, and accurate in every way. It not only looks amazing, but it also feels great in your hands and has a lot of maneuverability and versatility.
Extremely Light and Portable
Of course, the Hoover DustChaser Cordless Mini Handheld is lightweight and portable because it’s a handheld cleaner. But it’s the reality that it’s smaller and more compact than many other portable vacuum cleaners that makes it truly unique.
This vacuum cleaner is one of the lightest on the market, weighing in at just three pounds. You can quickly shift the vacuum around with only one side, helping you to reach spaces and places that many other vacuums can’t. Vacuuming small, tight rooms, for example, is a breeze.
Powerful Suction Capacity
A high-performance electric motor is mounted within the vacuum. The vacuum has a better suction capacity than any other portable vacuum cleaners on the market because of its high-performance digital motor.
As a result, you can use this portable cleaner to clean up massive amounts of dirt, dust, and minor particles from a variety of various spaces and locations.
Although the fact that this handheld vacuum is very efficient, it should not be used in lieu of a standard vacuum. It lacks the suction force needed for more complex vacuuming activities.
Vacuuming Tools That Are Incredibly Useful
You’ll find a few different tools in the box this vacuum comes in. An extendable nozzle, an upholstery tool, and a dusting/crevice tool are included in this package. Any of these tools are highly beneficial, making for a more detailed and comprehensive vacuuming procedure.
Efficient HEPA Media Filtration
Each particle you remove with the vacuum will pass through a HEPA Media filter. You’ll be able to sweep out all of the pollen, allergens, and pet dander. When you’re finished, those particles won’t spill back into the air causing it to be as pure and clean as possible.
- Cleaning Path Width: 1.63 inches
- Vacuum Type: Handheld
- Dust Capacity: 0.03 gallons
- Product Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Bagless: Yes
- Compatible Floor Type: All floors
- Corded/Cordless: Cordless
- Filter Type: HEPA media
- Multi-Surface: Yes
- Washable Filter: Yes
- Battery Charge Time: 210 minutes
- Maximum Runtime: 35 minutes
- Crevice Tool: Yes
- Good suction strength
- Good balance despite the battery’s extra weight
- Comes with HEPA media filtration
- Equipped with different useful tools
- The debris canister is very thin, causing it to shut down frequently
- There are several small parts that must be removed before each use.
Where to buy Hoover DustChaser Cordless Mini Handheld
#6 Shark Wandavac WV201 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
If you’re looking for a backup vacuum cleaner that’s easy to use, efficient, and cheap, look no further than the Shark Wandavac WV201 cordless vacuum cleaner.
The Shark Wandavac WV201 cordless vacuum cleaner not only has a different look and style from most other products in the same segment but also has some exclusive and exclusive features.
Any aspect of this one-of-a-kind and compact vacuum cleaner sets it apart from the other vacuum cleaners on the market.
This is a premium-priced dustbuster that brings a huge punch, in addition to being beautiful to look at. With these kinds of dimensions, it’s massively more efficient and capable than you’d expect.
Smart and Appealing Outlook
The groundbreaking design of this Shark Wandavac cordless portable vacuum cleaner is the first thing you’ll recognize. Yes, it has a one-of-a-kind style that distinguishes it from other vacuum cleaner versions on the market.
This Shark WANDVAC Lightweight Portable Vacuum unit, which resembles a thick rod, is small and has a tapered nozzle that makes it much easier to suck up all the bits and pieces of dirt and debris.
The Shark Portable WV201 Cordless Vacuum is also so lightweight that it won’t take up much space when charging at the port, and it fits in perfectly with every classic or modern room décor.
Pretty Less Charging Time
Unlike most efficient vacuum cleaners on the market, charging time is relatively short; this particular shark model requires about 2.5 hours to fully charge. It comes with a charging dock; all you have to do is put the computer inside the dock and it will begin charging.
Despite the fact that the typical run time is just 10 to 15 minutes, the battery seems to be very heavy and strong provided the amount of strength and suction it provides.
- Product Weight: 1.4 lbs
- Dust Cup Capacity: 0.08 quarts
- Cleaning Path Width: 3.6 inches
- Wattage: 115
- Amps: 10.6
- Filter Type: Washable Fabric Filter
- Product dimensions: 16.5 L X 2.5 L X 2.4 H inches
- LED lights: No
- Charging Time (Battery): 2.5 hours
- Average Running Time: 10-15 minutes
- Clear Path Width: 3.6 inches
- The charging time is quite short.
- Quick access to charging dock.
- The charging state is demonstrated by a built-in LED lamp.
- Suction power is impressive.
- The filter housing can be removed and washed.
- A stylish manual vacuum cleaner.
- It’s very light and easy to use.
- Strength and efficiency that is unrivaled
- Multiple accessories are included with the shipment.
- Pet-friendly families would love it.
- Ideal for both the house and the car
- There is no HEPA filtration.
- There is only one suction setting available.
Where to buy Shark Wandavac WV201 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
#7 DEWALT 20V MAX Wet/Dry Cordless Car Vacuum
Since the beginning of cordless tools, the cordless wet/dry vac has to be one of the most useful items on the market. In reality, if cordless drills and drivers are a “given,” then a cordless vac, such as the latest DeWalt DCV581H, has to be the next most useful tool in your toolbox.
The DeWalt DCV581H can be used cordlessly or with a cord, and it’s the only shop vacuum we looked at that has a rechargeable battery. The engine only has 2 horsepower, but it is incredibly silent.
You’ll appreciate the 8-foot cable on this vacuum. It’s long enough for the majority of your needs, and it prioritizes room and convenience overpower. Even the cord wrap has been carefully considered.
You can even transform it into a cordless vacuum so you don’t have to hold a cord with you while you sweep. The fact that this compact vacuum is battery-operated would cater to the majority of consumers.
The vacuum hose is a whopping five foot long, which is more than enough for most workers. When rotozipping a light switch and keeping the hose up by the work to collect debris for the fly on another task, the extension came in handy.
- Power Source: Corded/Cordless
- Voltage: 20 Volts
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 17.25 x 12.31 x 13.13 inches
- Tank Capacity: 2 Gallon
- Power Supply: Corded with an AC outlet
- Power Supply: Cordless by an 18v or 20v MAX battery
- Power: 20 volts
- Special Features: HEPA Rated Filter
- Weight: 11 pounds
- Air Volume: 33.5 CFM
- Amperage: 8 amps
- Depth: 17.25 inches
- Height: 13.125 inches
- Width: 12.312 in
- Cord Length: 5 feet
- Whopping 5 feet long vacuum hose
- Corded/Cordless Option
- Incredibly silent
- Rechargeable Battery
- Comes with an integrated tool storage
- Powerful suction that doesn’t change even with 18v or 20v
- A bit heavy
Where to buy DEWALT 20V MAX Wet/Dry Cordless Car Vacuum
#8 BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum
The Bissell 2390 Pet Hair Eraser is a cordless, bagless handheld vacuum cleaner intended for cleaning pet messes as well as simply general cleanups and emergency cleaning.
The Bissell 2390 is the handy replacement hand vacuum cleaner you’ve been meaning to buy for a long time but haven’t gotten around to. Consider the following scenario: your dog enters your car with dirty paws.
For a fast spot cleaning, you’ll need something you can pull off a rack. The Bissell lithium ion hand handheld cordless vacuum is there to help.
The motorized brush roll is one of the Bissell 2390’s major highlights, and it’s particularly useful for scraping pet fur, human hair, and dirt from carpets and upholstery. You can also use the vacuum on car seats, stairs, and other surfaces that a normal, corded vacuum cannot handle.
The Bissell 2390 has a streamlined appearance and an ergonomically built handle that fits easily in your palm. With a weight of just 1.4 gms, the vacuum is easy to control and manipulate. The powerful motor provides sufficient suction force, and users have found it to be very useful when combined with the motorized brush roll.
It just takes a few minutes to clean up the mess.
The unit is powered by a 14.4-volt lithium-ion battery and comes with a range of cleaning equipment. Bissell 2390 is one of the most common and well-liked handhelds, thanks to its decent air filtration, long-running time, and low price.
This handheld vacuum’s 14.4V lithium-ion battery provides 15 to 20 minutes of run-time per charge. Since completely charging this vacuum will take up to 8 hours, charging it overnight is the safest way to keep it primed for the next use.
- Recommended Surface Type: Carpet and Rugs, Low Pile Carpet, Stairs, Upholstery, Bare Floors, Pet Beds
- Cleaning Path Width: N/A
- Bag Type: Bagless
- Dirt Cup Capacity: 0.7 L
- Easy Empty Dirt Cup: Yes
- Filtration Type: 3 Stage
- Clean Filter Indicator: No
- Carry Handle: Yes
- Product Weight: 3 lbs
- It’s good for pet fur.
- The suction is very powerful.
- Interior design for automobiles
- Powerbrush is used to remove debris that has been stuck.
- You get a lot of value for money.
- It’s easy to clean
- Not too noisy
- Recharge time is lengthy.
- Some claim that the run time is inadequate.
Where to buy BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium-Ion Cordless Vacuum
What to Look for in a Car Vacuum
The weight of a portable cleaning tool, such as a car vacuum, is a significant aspect to consider when making a final step. The majority of models, particularly corded models without a rechargeable battery, should be relatively light.
Meanwhile, those that come with a range of attachments, can be marginally heavier and therefore more difficult to handle when sweeping.
Source of Power
Many car vacuums can be plugged directly into your vehicle’s 12V socket, making them easy to carry and clean on the go. These models are, of course, corded, limiting their distance and versatility.
If you go for a cordless model, think about how long the battery lasts or how it recharges. Some versions can be recharged using a USB port, while others will need a standard household socket.
If you want to use this vacuum for a thorough cleaning, make sure it comes with the required attachments. An upholstery brush can dredge up ground-in soil from seats and floor mats, and a crevice tool can reach into small spaces. A model without these extras may not be able to clean your car as well as you’d like.
To Sum Things Up
Even if you’re the only one who sees it, cleaning the car interior is just as necessary as cleaning the outside. Dirt, dander, pollen, and crumbs can only make the vehicle feel less warm, but they may even aggravate asthma and other respiratory conditions.
Vacuuming the interior of the vehicle would benefit it because it will eliminate the dust particles that have gathered. As a result, it’s critical that you find the best cordless vacuum for cars to assist you in properly cleaning your vehicle.