Cleaning the interior of a vehicle can be a challenging process. The complexity of confined spaces, dried dirt, and a fragile dashboard poses a unique challenge for many vacuum cleaners. As a result, we were eager to review the Dyson V6 Car & Boat, which comes with a variety of tools to thoroughly clean your vehicle.
The Basics of Dyson Vacuum Cleaners
All Dyson vacuums use cyclone technology and are bagless. Dusty air sucked through the vacuum is funneled into the cones seen at the top of the dust canister. The air spirals within the cones, creating a centrifugal force that propels dust and debris into the nearby dust bin.
This cyclone technology has been evolved and improved over time. While Dyson’s technology is impressive, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get good dust pickup and long-lasting suction.
What Is a Dyson and How Does It Work?
Unlike conventional vacuum cleaners, which have exposed motors and various parts that can crack or wear, the Dyson vacuum cleaner is relatively simple. The device has a hidden motor inside the ball at the machine’s foot and uses root cyclone technology to operate a centrifugal force.
Root cyclone is a solid, long-lasting suction technology that causes the air within the vacuum cleaner to rotate at extremely high speeds, resulting in a heavy, steady suction.
The soil and dust were first collected using a filtering device and were sent to a bin in which the larger particles are captured and sorted.
About Dyson V6 Car + Boat Cordless Vacuum
Dyson has become a household name thanks to a variety of brands that combine forward-thinking technology with a quirky and convincing bundle to meet a variety of daily needs. After using their vacuuming products for the past two years, I’ve come to admire Dyson’s cordless vacuums for their reliability and effectiveness.
Dyson’s new V6 Car+Boat handheld vacuum cleaner takes it a step further through the development of cordless and compact vacuuming devices. The weight and size of the new Dyson V6, which is just over three pounds, may involve the purchase of a storage bag to hold in your car or boat.
Summary of Features
- Fade-free Suction Radial Cyclone Technology for
- Powered by a powerful V6 engine.
- Trigger System
- Lithium-ion battery with a 20-minute runtime
- Motorized Brush Tool
- 2 Power Modes
- Wide variety of cleaning tools especially made for car cleaning
- 2 included washable filters
The very first thing to keep in mind about the V6 Car and Boat is that the basic vacuum is close to that of all V6 models. It has the same V6 engine as the V6 Standard and the same body style. The most noticeable distinction is that it lacks a rigid wand and a “proper” floor tool, including the direct-drive or Fluffy. It’s instead made solely for portable cleaning.
Cleaning Efficiency and Suction Power
The V6 motor has enough raw strength to suction carpets, hard floors, and other surfaces. The V6 Car and Boat, when paired with the equipment for cars, offers outstanding cleaning efficiency for small spaces.
Regular and maximum cleaning modes are available. The maximum power button is situated on the back of the unit which provides increased suction at the risk of decreased battery life.
While having a max mode for stubborn dirt is often helpful – particularly in a vehicle – be mindful that it drastically reduces the run-time to just 6 minutes.
Both fine dust and medium-sized debris are easily picked up by the V6.
Design and Appearance
The Car and Boat features a silver and red color scheme, but the specification is otherwise identical to the rest of the V6 lineup. The cylinder is translucent, so you can see where it needs to be emptied, and the tools press into place.
All are of high quality, with durable plastic and a long-lasting style. The Car and Boat, like all V6 vacuum cleaners, has a trigger control feature.
When vacuuming, you must keep this pressed down to help save battery life. However, other people can find that keeping the trigger down becomes tiresome after a while.
It’s a little vacuum, weighing just 1.57kg. This is important for all handheld vacuums, but it’s especially important for any made for in-car use since you’ll need to keep it at various angles. It’s also a joy to use because the vacuum feels balanced.
Hard Floor Surfaces Cleaning
Since the V6 Car and Boat lacks the soft roller floor head used on other V6 stick vacuums (such as the Fluffy), it’s only good for spot cleaning hard floors. It’s perfect for cleaning minor smudges or stains, so it won’t scrub an entire floor in a decent amount of time.
For tougher patches, use the persistent dirt brush. Although the Car and Boat have enough suction to clean carpets, it isn’t built to clean vast areas of the floor.
Since there is no wand or floor tool (although both can be purchased separately), the mini motorized tool is the largest tool. The Car and Boat is a spot cleaning product rather than a true cleaner, but it’s perfect for stairwells or car interiors.
The crevice tool is ideal for getting into narrow spaces. Although the lack of a floor tool and wand makes the V6 Car and Boat unsuitable for vast areas of flooring, it excels at cleaning car interiors (and boats if you have one). So you better have one if you find your car dusty and dirty all the time.
Much of the time, you’ll typically need the miniature motorized unit. With comfort, the powered brush bar will pick out pet hair and dry mud from seats. The other methods (including the hybrid and rigid crevice tools) do an exceptional job of conserving battery life.
When the motorized tool isn’t enough, there’s even a stiff dirt brush. For agitating fibers and scraping stubborn mud, this has hard bristles.
Pet Hair Removal
Hair from dogs and cats gets everywhere in a car. Most vacuum cleaners can handle loose fur, but they can’t get rid of hair caught in car seats or fabric fibers.
Thankfully, the small motorized tool works well for removing pet fur. For especially stubborn spots, you should turn to the rigid brush. You’ll enjoy the Car and Boat if your new vacuum has trouble removing fur from stairs or car seats.
When using non-motorized tools, the Dyson V6 set has a run-time of 20 minutes. This will work for the majority of cleaning jobs, like the typical car or boat. The trigger mechanism also contributes to a longer average run time.
A maximum charge takes about 3.5-4 hours. This is an easy charge for a cordless vacuum cleaner, as others can take up to 10 hours to charge.
There are two filters in the Dyson V6 Car and Boat: a main filter and a post-motor filter. The filter system is washable and easy to clean, so you’ll want to keep it clean to keep the suction strength from declining.
It does not have a HEPA filter. If you have allergies, the car and boat could not be the right alternative because of the bagless nature and lack of a HEPA filter.
Cleaning and Emptying
The V6 has a straightforward method for emptying the tank. The canister’s latch opens a flap at the container’s rim, causing dust to spill into the bin.
Cleaning a car interior can be done with a variety of tools available at Car and Boat, including:
- Extension Hose – Having a wider reach allows cleaning uncomfortable parts of a vehicle smoother.
- Motorized Tool – This is the tool you’ll need the most. It comes with a motorized brush bar for a more thorough sweep, and it’s ideal for removing pet fur and debris from car seats.
- Rigid Crevice Tool – Most vacuums come with a crevice tool as standard equipment, and the Car and Boat is no different. It can be used to clean car seat spaces.
- Stubborn Dirt Brush – One of the few V6 portable vacuums with a stubborn dirt brush is the Car and Boat. Its bristles are stiffer than a normal brush, allowing it to eliminate debris that has been trapped in car seats.
- Soft Dirt Brush – The stubborn dirt brush should not be used on the dashboard of your car because it should scratch it. Dyson also included a soft dusting brush as a substitute.
- Combination Tool – All the V6 models come with a combination tool that contains a dusting brush and a miniature crevice tool.
- Dust Capacity: 0 gal
- Cleaning Method: Dry
- Cleaner Type: Handheld
- Dust Collection: Bagless
- Manufacturer: Dyson
- Width: 15.6 in
- Depth: 8.2 in
- Height: 5.7 in
- Weight: 3.31 lbs
- Power Type: Rechargeable Batteries
- Full Charge Time: 3.5 hour(s)
- Operating Autonomy: 20 min
- Filter Type: Washable Lifetime Filter
- Cyclonic Technology: Yes
- Maximum Suction Power: 100 Air Watts
- Details: Adjustable Suction
- Offers incredible suction for a handheld vacuum.
- You can clean your vehicle, upholstery, and even your bed with this versatile tool kit with the same mini motorized brush as the V6 Mattress.
- A 20-minute run time is adequate.
- Throughout the charging cycle, lithium-ion batteries have a consistent capacity.
- Easily lock the attachments on the body by clicking on them..
- A little bit expensive
- The batteries can’t be replaced, meaning you’ll have to take it to a Dyson repair center if it fails.
- Dirt bin can be messy to empty and clean – you may need another vacuum to do so
- No HEPA filtration
The Dyson V6 Car Boat is a fantastic handheld cleaner for washing boats or small areas around the home. The tools make it simple to remove dirt and hair from inconvenient spaces like back seats and holes between benches, and the strong suction and motorized tool make most cleaning jobs go quickly.
The name Car and Boat is too restrictive since it is a great all-around handheld vacuum. The extension hose, mini motorized unit, and stubborn dirt brush, in specific, are ideal for cleaning stairwells, upholstery, and other difficult-to-reach places.