I am grateful to be of service and to bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most cases I receive referral commissions. Eventually, I may earn enough to buy a beer or two ?
Cleaning dirt and debris may be an ever-present task and is part of our daily lives, as microscopic (and often not too microscopic) threats accumulate on our surfaces. Of course, the attempts taken to successfully remove these unwarranted particles have spanned decades.
Yet here we are, in a time when devices are by far the most user-friendly and integrated they have ever been.
Although there is not anything that can be done in the actual method of removing dirt and debris, ease of use is one of the factors we can monitor. Over the decades, there have been numerous changes made to suction systems. One of the big factors is the innovation of lightweight vacuums.
What are Lightweight Vacuums?
Vacuum cleaners have gotten lighter over time, due to advances in production and design materials. When you clean, the best lightweight vacuums can help will the pressure on your body and it can be possible to take with you up and down on the stairs.
It should have in your hand both a low overall weight as well as a manageable weight. However, all of these vacuums appear to be very plasticky in order to increase their portability while reducing their weight, and their performance efficiency will suffer as a result.
- Lighter parts mean a lighter hoover so that you can drive, drag and lift it without the hassle around your house.
- In contrast to most heavier vacuum cleaners, it is perfect for the back.
- Ideal for older people or someone with back problems.
- Easy to store
- Another important factor to take into consideration is the very simple maintenance of lightweight vacuums. Most versions are bagless, meaning you don’t have to purchase additional bags or stockpile equipment. Simply throw the contents in the trash and the next mess is waiting for you to scrub. Most filters can be quickly modified, and cleaning or maintenance is rarely required for the components.
We are going to review 8 vacuum cleaners today, and below are our picks for the best lightweight vacuums to purchase. Not only were these picks chosen on the basis of their weight, but also their performance on various surface types, feature set, battery life, and price.
#1 Best Budget Lightweight Vacuum: HoLife HM036E Handheld Lightweight Vacuum
The Holife Cordless Stick vacuum promises to leverage excellent suction strength in a lightweight, easy-to-use style, keeping carpets and hard floors clean and flawless.
HoLife HM036E is a handheld cordless vacuum cleaner. It has a liquid nozzle feature unlike many other vacuums, which helps it to clean wet screw-ups, such as spilled milk and drops of water. However, the manufacturer states that you’ll need to clean the vacuum completely afterward.
That said, if you want to tackle dry debris like dust or dirt around the building, it has an excellent value on bare floors. It also does a decent overall carpet job, but it deals with small and large debris a little more.
The Handheld Vacuum from HoLife is well-built, even though it’s made of plastic, it really feels durable. If you add some pressure, the exhaust fans on its side will be gently forced inwards though.
When dropped to the concrete, the dirt compartment even looks like it might split. Still, it’s very easy to install, and it comes good to use straight out of the box.
In fact, there are many benefits, especially convenience, that you can enjoy by using the Holife cordless hand vacuum cleaner. After all, you can just whip out the cordless hand vacuum cleaners instead of trying to haul out a regular large-sized vacuum cleaner any time you need to sweep up a spill or accident, then flatly clean the mess in seconds and bring the vacuum cleaner back in its spot.
Excellent Battery life and Fast Charging Ability
The lithium battery pack vitalizes the device. The battery is non-toxic and recharges easily, allowing better cleaning capacity.
Powerful Cyclonic Suction
The HoLife Handheld Vacuum can remove more dust and is efficient at making the surface clean of dirt and debris with its 90W engine, multi-layer filter, and revolutionary cyclones.
The vacuum is wireless, allowing you to travel easily around rooms. Loaded with various attachments, the vacuum cleaner makes it easy to enter nearly every nook and corner of your home or car.
This unique one is cordless that comes without a thick cord, in comparison to most vacuum cleaners. You are not limited to where you choose to clean and where you need it, you do not have to look for a wall socket to attach. It comes with an integrated lithium battery, and the battery does not have a memory that means that until you reload the battery again, you do not have to drain it completely.
- Battery Capacity: 2200mAh
- Charge Time: 4-5H
- Working Time: 25mins.
- Rated Power: 90W
- Battery Type: 18650 Lithium Battery
- Size: 17.13 x 7.48 x 6.30 inches
- Filter: Non-Woven Fabrics
- Rated Voltage: 14.8V
- Use Type: Wet&Dry
- Removable Battery: No
- Powerful suction for a vacuum that is reasonably priced. As well as a long runtime, which enables a cleaning job to be done without running out of battery.
- When washing your car or furniture, the crevice tool is useful for getting into narrower spaces.
- It’s quite easy to vacuum and the dust bin contains quite a bit of dirt, which was perfect for many users.
- Many users have said that their customer service is fantastic.
- Comes with a rubber container tool for liquid messes that can not usually clean by handheld vacuums.
- Recommended for smaller debris and pet hair (like many handheld vacuums).
Where to buy HoLife HM036E Handheld Lightweight Vacuum
#2 Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Vacuum
The Bissell Featherweight Stick Vacuum is built to be open and easy to use, just as its name implies. This lightweight stick vacuum is designed to remove dirt and debris from spaces that are not readily accessible and to allow you to quickly clean without dragging your full-size vacuum cleaner out.
What makes it stand out from the rest is its size, weighing just 2.6 lbs for this vacuum cleaner and it’s very slim. Therefore, at all times, you can store it somewhere and keep it near you. With a 15 ft. power cable, you can go everywhere while you vacuum.
When you carry wouldn’t exactly imagine how light a 2.6lbs vacuum cleaner is. You won’t think of one quite as light and easy to deal with like this.
This is not the kind of vacuum filled with functions that are more of a mystery than a daily appliance. It is surprisingly simple to use and is sufficient for the vast majority of floor coverings. Not to mention all the other chairs in the house and fixtures.
It also features a lightweight and comfortable dust chamber, which, at just a click of a button, is easy to remove and empty. You’ll be shocked, exactly how much dirt and gravel this thing sucks up every time you do this.
Speaking of which, it is also considerably more efficient than you would expect at this price and from a vacuum of this scale. As your sole vacuum cleaner, you might very comfortably get away with this and yet have your floors in a sparkling state.
This Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Bagless Vacuum has a super-versatile 3-in-1 configuration in addition to being extremely lightweight and low-priced.
Use it as a slim upright to clean carpets and hard floors, turn it quickly into a hand vacuum, and easily get into the more daunting crevices, corners and use the stair vacuum configuration to handle staircases in seconds.
- Features: 3-in-1 lightweight stick vacuum, handheld vacuum
- Model Number: 2033
- Filter Type: Cartridge
- Carpet Height: Low Pile
- Battery Required: No
- Attachments: Crevice Tool
- Cord Length: 15inches
- Wattage: 252 watts
- Product Weight: 2.6 lb
- Amperage: 1.2 amps
- Powerful strength and efficiency
- One of the lightest vacuums that you would ever find
- Outstanding flexibility and all-round cleaning
- 3-in-1 designed to address all areas of the house
- Quick to operate and easy to carry
- Suitable for carpets as well as rough surfaces,
- Ideal for stairs, furniture, and more uncomfortable corners
- Simply incredible value for money
- Since it does not have a brush inside, the vacuum cleaner may look a little too basic.
Where to buy Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Vacuum
#3 Best Lightweight Handheld: Shark CH951 UltraCyclone Pet Pro Plus
The Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro+ is a lightweight handheld vacuum and it has an excellent performance on all types of surfaces. It also comes with a brush turbo that has a brush roll self-cleaning to help handle pet hair as you scrub.
It has a battery life of about 10 minutes and is advertised to take about six hours to charge, but some have been able to recharge it completely in less than two and a half hours. That said, it is an appropriate spot cleaning tool around your house.
It offers excellent efficiency, on bare floors and low-pile carpets where it quickly removes pet fur and debris such as grain and rice. Although it struggles a little more to pick up smaller particles from high-pile carpets like sugar, it still has an overall outstanding result on that kind of floor.
It comes with a few instruments and brushes, including a turbo brush that can help keep dirt out of your furniture, and a rough bristle brush that can handle sticky and stubborn messes.
- With a motorized self-cleaning Pet Power Brush that removes hair wrap on the brush roll, a lithium-ion battery, a no-mess CleanTouch dirt ejector, a washable filter, an XL dust cup, and more, you can experience amazing power and productivity at just 2.8 kg.
- It features two highly-powerful cyclonic air streams for incredible suction and long-lasting filters and motor life.
- Includes a removable self-cleaning Pet Power Brush that eliminates floor hair wrap, upholstery pet hair, and brush roll wrap.
- An XL dust cup to handle big jobs
- Lightweight and handheld at just 2.8 kg.
- A washable filter for quick washing is included.
- For quick, hands-free debris disposal, the CleanTouch dirt ejector and Lithium-ion technology assure consistent efficiency.
- Amperage: 8 amps
- Cleaning Path Width: 6 inches
- Filter Type: Washable
- Accessories: Crevice tool, dust brush, charger, and turbo brush
- Voltage: 10.8v
- Vacuum Type: Cordless
- Product Weight: 2.8lb
- Product Height: 4.3 inches
- Lightweight and handheld
- Dust cup XL with a capacity of 0.4 quarts
- Filters are reusable
- Powerful cyclones and efficient suction operations
- Best for pet hair
- Short Battery Life
Where to buy Shark CH951 UltraCyclone Pet Pro Plus
#4 BISSELL Adapt Ion Pet 2-in-1 Cordless Upright Vacuum
Convenience and power are essential when it comes to cleaning when you have pets at home. That is the idea behind BISSELL Adapt Ion Pet Vacuum. The BISSELL Adapt Ion Pet is a hybrid upright/handheld vacuum designed specifically for cleaning certain surfaces.
For difficult-to-reach areas, the central motor can be used as a lightweight handheld vacuum. It can be used to sweep floors and furniture around the house while connected to its upright vacuum body.
It also has a cordless design that allows it a limitless range and it is extremely maneuverable because it’s compact and lightweight.
You’re really limited, though, by its short battery life and long recharge period. The ability to capture small and large debris often leaves much to be desired, particularly on high-pile carpets.
That being said, this vacuum can suck up pet fur quickly, making it an appropriate choice for those with shedding dogs.
The lithium-ion battery is driven by its cordless design, so it’s not limited by a cord, and it goes everywhere you go. Plus, the revolutionary 2-in-1 configuration features a removable hand vacuum to hold the strength of lithium-ion on the go comfortably.
To make vacuuming around furniture a breeze, the Adapt Ion Pet has swivel steering and its Brush Roll ON/OFF button is right at your fingers, meaning you can travel effortlessly from hard surfaces to low pile carpets without thinking about moving devices.
- Vacuum Type: Upright/Handheld
- Compatible Floor Type: Carpet, bare floor, hard floors, low-pile carpet, stairs.
- Cordless: Yes
- Bagless: Yes
- Filter Type: Mesh, foam
- Dust Capacity: 0.45 liters
- Pet Hair Removal: Yes
- Included Accessories: Crevice tool, motorized brush, upholstery tool
- Power: Rechargeable batteries
- Battery Type: Lithium-Ion
- Battery Voltage: 10.8 V
- Charging Time: 8 hours
- Warranty: 1 year
- Pet fur is easily brushed on all forms of surfaces.
- Configuration of the handheld for even more maneuverability.
- Enjoy the convenience of using a rechargeable lithium-ion battery in an effective cordless cleaning unit.
- When vacuuming, swivel steering is a cinch for walking around furniture.
- Folding Handle adapts quickly to far under furniture cleaning and collapses to accommodate the lightweight storage needs.
- Limited Life of Battery
Where to buy BISSELL Adapt Ion Pet 2-in-1 Cordless Upright Vacuum
#5 Best Lightweight Corded: Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Lightweight Corded Vacuum
For over 100 years, Eureka has been selling a wide variety of items and they provide a vacuum for every of your cleaning needs. Lightweight vacuums from Eureka are made to be carried around the household and to hit hard to reach spots that most vacuums cannot.
For others, vacuuming is not a part of enjoyable things to do, but using a powerful tool will make the job even more pleasant. Why not pick up a lightweight stick vacuum that’s flexible and easy to handle if you hate lugging a heavy upright vacuum around your house?
The Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum from Eureka weighs less than 4 pounds and can act as a vacuum for sticks, hands or steps.
It is fast and simple to convert the Eureka BLAZE 3-in-1 swivel lightweight stick vacuum from a stick vacuum into a hand vacuum and to a special stair vacuum. All is incredibly lightweight and easy to use, making it a great vacuum to work all over the house.
Long Power Cord
It may not be as helpful as a cordless, but the cord measures 18 feet in length and is more than enough to quickly clean and reach larger rooms. Plus, there is no need for recharging and no risk that the battery will run out.
Convenient Tool for Crevice
Just stick the crevice tool on the handheld and you have the ideal device to get into the most challenging and uncomfortable areas in the house. It is especially useful for cleaning down the back of the sofa and under the more uncomfortable pieces of furniture.
Great for Cleaning Stairs
The Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 lightweight stick vacuum is an ultimate lifesaver if you’ve got stairs around the house. The dedicated vacuum makes the whole staircase cleaning fast and simple, without hurting your body in the process.
- Model: Eureka Blaze NES210
- Product Weight: 4 pounds
- Amperage: 2 Amps
- Motor Wattage: 240 Watts
- Dust Capacity: 0.55 Liters
- Power Cord Length: 18 ft
- Cleaning Path: 9.5 inches
- Accessories: Crevice Tool
- Swivel Steering: Yes
- Strong suction and nozzle
- Works on all surfaces
- 3-in-1 function
- Lightweight, quick to use, and versatile
- 18 feet length power cord
- Easy to store and maintain
- Not as efficient as a cordless
- Motorized brush is not included
Where to buy Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Lightweight Corded Vacuum
#6 Best Lightweight Canister: Miele Compact C1 Canister Vacuum
If you’re sick of dragging around heavy uprights don’t really have much faith in robotic vacuum cleaners to do the job for you, then getting a canister vacuum will be the perfect choice for you.
Since tiles, hardwood floors, vinyl, and laminate are so ubiquitous canister vacuums are more popular than before. And there’s one brand when it comes to canisters that most people consider to be the best in the business: Miele.
The Miele Compact C1 Pure Suction, with top quality features, is Miele’s best value canister vacuum cleaner. It is highly lightweight and only weighs 11 lbs. In contrast to other canisters, Miele vacuums are incredibly silent (they are vibration insulated) and are German manufactured to outlast other vacuums.
With the option of adding a HEPA filter for still more cleaning, the Super Air Clean Filter creates air cleaner than the air it takes in. It keeps the dust and dirt you ingest in the bag and out of the air you are breathing. Good for people with allergies.
Suction & Cleaning Power
A powerful, high-performance Vortex motor that produces approximately 300 AW is driven by the Miele C1 vacuums. An indication of what suction force to expect from the units should be provided by the amount of power needed by the motor.
Without compromising on cleaning capacities, its 1200 W is enough to supply the airflow requirements. In order to boost suction, Miele C1 vacuums often come with features and accessories.
Attachment & Accessories
An AllTeQ Hybrid Floorhead SBD 285-3 comes with the Pure Suction C1 model as the cleaning head. With outstanding efficiency and protection, this nozzle helps the vacuum to clean hard floors.
This also makes the device ideal for low-pile area rugs as well. A dusting cloth, a crevice attachment and a tool to clean crevices and corners are included in the accessories.
- Product Specifications:
- Vacuum Type: Lightweight Canister
- Power: 10 amp (1200 watts)
- Suction Motor: Vortex Motor
- Air Flow: 154 CFM
- Disposable Bag: 3.5 Qt Air Clean Bag
- Product Weight: 11 lbs
- Material: ABS Plastic
- Cord Length: 20 inches
- Wheels: Three Swivel Wheels 360°
- Crush resistant hose
- Stainless telescopic wand
- Carpet nozzle
- Bare floor nozzle
- Upholstery tool
- Dusting brush
- Crevice tool
- Weighs only 10 lbs
- Super Quiet Operation
- With super air clean filter
- Automatic Cord Rewind
- Self-sealing bags
- 360 degrees swivel wheels
- All rubber wheels
- Doesn’t have a motorized and powerful brush roll on the cleaning head which limits its cleaning depth.
Where to buy Miele Compact C1 Canister Vacuum
Check out our individual product review for Miele Compact C1 Lightweight Canister Vacuum
#7 Best Lightweight HEPA Vacuum: Oreck Magnesium RS Swivel-Steering HEPA Vacuum
The Oreck Magnesium, at 7.7 lbs., is the lightest powerful HEPA vacuum in Oreck. Using the Wireless Two-speed QuickSwitch® on the handle, the Magnesium can provide two speeds.
This vacuum has strong airflow at high speed and an efficient, pile-lifting roller brush for carpet cleaning. It is smooth enough to vacuum rugs and bare floors at low speeds.
Lightweight and Convenient
The large rubber wheels make this model easy to maneuver around the house by the user.
One aspect you might want to take note of is the Endurolife belt. The brand is exclusive to this belt style. It is designed to avoid large objects from jamming.
Bagged HEPA Filters
For most homes, bagless vacuums appear to be all the craze, but the Magnesium RS allows an extremely convincing case to go for a bagged solution. If you regularly clean your home, one bag will last for 6 months, and the bag comes with a HEPA filtration device.
In order to ensure that your home remains allergen free after you have vacuumed, HEPA filtration is necessary. The filtration device makes sure that the HEPA bag does not ever leave any allergens and pollen particles larger than .3 microns.
- Vacuum Type: Upright
- Dust Collection: Bagged
- Height: 47.8 inches
- Weight: 7.7 lbs
- With Controls: Yes
- Cord Length: 30 ft.
- Filter Type: HEPA
- Brush Speed: 7000 rpm
- Warranty: 7 years
- Dust Bag Capacity: 10 litre
- Headlights: Twin LED Headlights
- Speed Settings: Two speeds
- Wattage: 450 W
- Just under eight pounds, it’s light. If you have poor upper body strength, difficulties getting it up stairs or getting tired when you clean the building, this is a great thing. Anyone who has joint pains or arthritis should use this.
- You can see the speed control on the handle.
- The wheels let the Oreck Magnesium RS move from tile to carpet to deep pile rugs with relatively little effort.
- The Oreck doesn’t have a bagless style. But this is a plus in its favour, actually. There are plastic filter bags with secure seals on the Oreck Magnesium RS, so the dust won’t go all over when you empty the bag.
- It doesn’t have a detachable hose to use when you try to vacuum in a corner that brushes won’t get. It also doesn’t have accessories for cleaning furniture and curtains.
Where to buy Oreck Magnesium RS Swivel-Steering HEPA Vacuum
Check out our individual product review for Oreck Magnesium RS Lightweight Vacuum
#8 Best Lightweight Backpack: ProTeam Super QuarterVac Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
If you’ve never used a backpack vacuum cleaner then is your sign! The ProTeam Super CoachVac 10 qt Vacuum backpack will speed up the vacuum time so that something more fun can be achieved! Seriously, a backpack vacuum is truly helpful if speeding up your cleaning time is vital to you.
Lightweight Backpack Vacuum
With a 10 quart dust capacity and 10 pounds, it is so simple to carry, and it has the equipment and flexible belts that are easy to use during your daily cleaning.
It features a remarkable strength and inclusion of a 50 foot extension cable. This vacuum is going to save you time. It also has the necessary tools you need including a 17-inch crevice tool, 3-inch duster brush, upholstery tool and long wand and more to clean corners, doors, floors, fans and even hard to reach areas.
Four filtration stages, including a HEPA filter, micron dust collection bag and paper filter bag are used for the Commercial Super CoachVac 10 qt. Dust is not going to make its way to the engine or in the air you breathe.It’s like making a squad of allergy killers.
- Product Weight: 10 lbs
- Power: 1221 Watt Motor
- Power Source: Electric
- Electrical Draw: 10.6 Amps
- Airflor: 150 CFM
- Sound Output: 66 dB
- Filters: Intercept Micro Filter, HEPA 4-Level Filtration, and HEPA Filtration
- Power Cord Length: 50 ft
- Warranty: 3 years
- Cleaning performance is exceptional
- Weight is focused on your hips instead of your shoulders to give comfort to your body.
- Thanks to its 50 ft cord it gives you higher mobility when cleaning.
- Can be adjusted and cleaning tight spots can be easily achieved.
- Quite pricey but gives you all the cleaning power you need.
Where to buy ProTeam Super QuarterVac Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
Quick Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose the Best Lightweight Vacuum for You
Here are some things to consider for if you want to trade in your current heavy vacuum for a lightweight model.
- If your home consists mostly of hard flooring, such as tile or hardwood, look for an upright vacuum with a brush roll that can be switched off easily. It’s not going to spread debris or scrape the floor.
- Look for a vac that you can customize to the correct height for you with a swiveling handle. To see how easy it is to push, drag, and maneuver, take the vacuum for a test drive in the shop.
- Buy a model with a brush roll that only rotates while the machine is in the regular reclining position as a safety measure. If the vacuum tips over while you use the attachments, this can prevent injuries.
- Do you have allergy sufferers in your family? Get a lightweight HEPA vacuum and/or a bagged version that will not throw dust particles into the air when you remove and change the bag. Take note that you need to replace the bags regularly.
- In order for a vac to operate properly, it is important to clean and change its filters. You can save money by buying a vacuum with washable filters.
Over the years, vacuum cleaners have grown to provide more features with a lightweight size. Modern vacuums can be lightweight and strong with highly effective motors and technology that produce an amazing airflow. The technology of batteries has also progressed to allow cordless systems with stronger motors and long runtimes.
You should take into consideration all the factors that make an effective vacuuming unit when selecting a lightweight vac for your house. There are vacuums considered to be solid out there which do not weigh a lot.
The best lightweight vacuums 2021 should be quick to use, offer improved mobility, have exceptional suction, and come with attachments that increase their versatility.