Table of Contents
Honeywell Oil Filled Heater HZ-789 Review
Many people despise the cold. While going out on a snowy day or even taking a walk in the rain is enjoyable, being cold in your own home is unbearable. Whether you live in an area that is consistently chilly throughout the year or you wish to avoid the winter chill, the solution to frigid weather is simple: a good heater.
Heaters are excellent additions to any home because they allow you to manage your surroundings. There are few feelings more satisfying than getting home to a warm house when it’s cold outside, and there’s nothing quite like lying beneath a blanket with a cup of hot cocoa while your heater keeps you warm.
What is an Oil-Filled Radiator Heater?
This sort of electric heater is loaded with oil, as the name implies. It is constructed of a huge number of fins, which greatly enhance the heater’s surface area while also producing pockets for air to collect in.
The radiator has tiny pipes that carry oil around it. An electrical element heats the oil, which is then pumped around the heater. This allows all of the heater’s surfaces to heat up and begin warming the surrounding environment.
A control panel is commonly found on the side of these heaters. You can select a thermostatic temperature, and some even have timers to control when they turn on and off.
Oil-filled radiators are extremely efficient since they can be moved from room to room after they have warmed up. Simply plug it back in and it will continue to produce heat!
The electricity powers the heater, therefore there is no need to refill the oil. The diathermic oil serves just as a heat carrier; it does not burn or evaporate inside the radiator.
This is due to the diathermic oil’s extraordinary ability to hold heat and radiate it long after you turn off the heater. The oil-filled radiator is ideal for a bedroom; simply heat it up before going to bed and then switch it off. It will continue to generate heat for several hours, helping to keep the chill out of your room.
It’s also worth noting that an oil-filled radiator lacks a fan. It’s a virtually soundless device, which is a huge plus in a lot of scenarios.
Oil Heaters Are Energy Efficient
Every year, winter follows spring. Temperatures in some locations might drop so low that the only option to stay warm is to run the heater continually. As a result, manufacturers have developed appliances that can successfully accomplish the same while causing no harm to the environment.
Oil heaters, which are convectional heaters used for household heating, are introduced. Oil fills it but electricity warms it up. They don’t burn any oil either, but the heat reservoir uses oil rather than as fuel.
Oil-filled Heaters Provides Long-Lasting Heat
The advantage of an oil-filled electric radiator is that it provides long-lasting heat. They take longer to heat up than many of their competitors, according to reports. They will, however, emit heat for hours after they have been warmed up, even if you switch them off.
Honeywell Oil Filled Heater Review
The Honeywell Oil-Filled Radiator is an excellent heating appliance that produces even, steady, and electric heat. Because of its amazing EnergySmart technology, this device is both powerful and efficient.
It has an adjustable thermostat that distributes heat in a more accessible and straightforward manner to cover every square inch of the area.
The HZ-789 is a fantastic device with an overheats protection safety tip-over switch. It’s a fantastic appliance for your home because of all the smart features.
There are some excellent characteristics that will assist you in making an informed decision when purchasing a new space heater for your cherished home. Let’s have a look at the attributes listed below.
Honeywell HZ-789 Features
It boasts a sleek style that will add to the aesthetic appeal of your home. It’s black in color, and the adjustable wheel makes moving it from one room to another a breeze. It has a luggage-style handle, which may be confusing at first. As a result, it has become quite rare for your home.
Honeywell Oil Filled Heater Heating Capacity
It has a large capacity for quickly warming up a room. EnergySmart technology powers it, making it a very energy-efficient device. You may also use the Digital EasySet Option to set a timer from one to twelve hours.
It comes with an adjustable thermostat, which is always a plus in a heating device. You can easily select your preferred heating option from the three possibilities with its adjustable thermostat. This will assist you in receiving the finest service possible from this design.
It’s a wise investment in terms of both energy and money. It’s completely portable and mobile, thanks to the preset wheel, which allows you to effortlessly move it from one area to another.
As a result, you won’t need to buy many space heaters for various rooms. You can take one of them to any room to save money if you just have one. It is also quite energy-efficient. As a result, its operating costs are likewise relatively low.
Protected and Secure
It has a lot of safety measures. Its design is quite safe for children and pets at home. It incorporates a 360-degree Tip-Over safety button that instantly shuts off if it becomes too hot. It also has thermally insulated wiring, which protects it in the event of an accident.
Honeywell offers a wide range of heaters to ensure your comfort. Personal heaters, fan-forced heaters, radiant heaters, ceramic heaters, and infrared heaters are among them. You can easily select the Honeywell space heaters that would provide you with the most advantage.
Honeywell space heaters are a high-quality product. For its clients, the product is a true lifesaver. It distributes heat evenly and can be used in homes, offices, and other small to medium-sized spaces. Surely an extremely cost-effective way to heat your home.
Easy to Use
It’s a really user-friendly gadget. It is beautifully packaged and safe and secure. It can be put together without the use of any tools, including the wheels. To put the wheel together, all you have to do is use your finger. There isn’t a single feature that is perplexing.
It’s as simple as turning on the television. You don’t need an extra electric panel because all you have to do is plug it in and turn it on. It will begin to function. You can simply set the thermostat and timer in its digital panel for your convenience.
Provides Heat for the Entire Room
This heater is not only powerful but also energy-efficient thanks to EnergySmart technology. It also includes Digital EasySet Controls with a 1-12 Hour Timer, adjustable thermostat, and three heat settings.
Honeywell Oil Filled Heater HZ-789 Specifications:
- Brand: Honeywell
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Heating Method: Radiant, Forced Air, Convection
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 13.7 x 9 x 24.4 inches
- Manufacturer: Honeywell International, Inc
- Item Weight: 19.7 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 13.7 x 9 x 24.4 inches
- Color: Black
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Voltage: 100-120
- Wattage: 1500
- Mounting Type: Portable
- Special Features: Thermostat, Tip-over Cut-off Switch, Overload Protection, Casters, Handle
- Included Components: Convection Heater
- Warranty Description: 3-year limited warranty
- 1 to 12 hour digital adjustable timer
- Fully digital and automatic control
- Its easy-glide wheels allows you to move it easily
- Carrying handle that looks like a baggage handle
- Heat is distributed evenly in all nooks and crannies.
- There is a tip-over safety switch for protection
- Streamlined Design
- Adjustable thermostat provides three heat settings
- The lowest thermostat setting is 65°F, and utilizing it to keep a room above freezing, say at night, is not a possible.
Oil-Filled Radiator Heater Safety Guide
Homeowners use oil-filled radiator heaters to heat individual rooms or small residences.
These heaters contain several heating components and are designed like radiators. They are filled with a specific oil and have many heating elements that gently warm and circulate the oil through the radiator chambers.
- Never utilize an extension cord or wiring that isn’t capable of handling the radiator load. Overheating wires provide a significant risk of fire. As a result, try to stick to rated materials and hardwired systems that can handle the load.
- Always rely on the thermostats and internal mechanisms of the radiators; if you choose to use an external instrument or technology, you risk overheating.
- If your oil-filled radiator has caster wheels, please secure it before allowing children to approach it. To avoid disasters, it’s essential to use stationary systems.
- While oil-filled radiators are normally safe, it’s a good idea to check if they have any form of overheat protection that will turn the heater off immediately if something goes wrong with them.
- Radiators may nonetheless get very hot despite the fact that they heat indirectly through oil and do not glow red like other space heaters.
- Keep the unit away from all combustible materials, such as walls, furniture, and curtains, by several feet.
- Keep dogs and small children away from the heater’s hot surface. Many radiators include a guard, but some do not.
- If your radiator is suitable for use in bathrooms, keep it away from any water sources, such as a sink or a shower.
The Honeywell oil-filled heater is a fantastic piece of home equipment. It is extremely energy efficient, always available, portable, and safe for residents. The more you want to be included in it, the better. The Honeywell HZ-789 has a capable silent operation, making it a good alternative for individuals looking for this type of device.