We all know humidifiers are most commonly used during winters. Many diseases can become prominent because of the cold dry air during the cold winter months. The heaters in your home and workplace aim to dry the indoor air, even in climates where there is moisture in the exterior air, which can contribute to complications for many.
For all of these winter-related concerns, humidifiers may be a great solution. But does it work in summer too?
Do We Need Humidifiers in Summer?
It feels a little crazy to use a humidifier in the summer. Why would you want to be humid during the hottest season, after all? Summer doesn’t necessarily say it’s time to visit the beach and do fun things.
Summer also means the peak season for allergies. It’s not unusual to find more runny noses than usual with all the bugs and pollen circulating in the air. The continuous use of an air conditioner will leave the air dry.
Dry air can cause discomfort if allergy symptoms are present. This can also cause infection in some cases.
In the warmer months, humidifiers can be very helpful to have in the home, particularly with the air conditioning operating on a regular basis. The amount of moisture that these machines emit stops the air from drying out entirely and protects your loved ones from having many different complications.
Your Furniture Will Love Humidifiers Too
The indoor climate is not only flushed out by air conditioning, but it also drains out any moisture that can be present inside the furnishings. This may cause rapid deterioration of the materials and leaving them with a distorted appearance.
The best way to protect their quality is to set up a humidifier next to these furnishings.
Levoit LV600HH Review
The Levoit LV600HH is a near-silent humidifier that comes with a variety of features such as auto mode and automatic shut-off that you won’t even find in the majority of humidifiers. It is a powerful humidifier and is the perfect one if you are looking for a humidifier to use in a large room.
With the Levoit LV600HH Hybrid Ultrasonic Humidifier, you’ll get the advantages of warm and cold mist. This humidifier shows you the actual humidity in the air on its digital LED display, and it has three output levels of mist.
You can operate the humidifier on auto mode from the touchpad or remote control of the device to let it decide how much moisture is needed to ensure an optimum level of humidity, or you can select the exact level of humidity you want.
Total Humidity Control
One functionality you can’t get on any humidifier is the regulation of humidity. The Hybrid Ultrasonic Humidifier from Levoit has the potential to determine the humidity level of the room and display the reading on its LED screen.
The humidifier’s humidity level regulation can be configured with this reading from a range of 40 percent to 80 percent relative humidity.
Choose the auto setting on the device or remote if you would prefer the system to do the job for you, so the humidifier will stabilize the humidity of the room for cool and refreshing air space.
Water Tank Capacity
The humidifier can run continuously until the water tank is empty if you chose not to set a timer. Since the tank contains 6 liters of water, this means that the Hybrid Ultrasonic can provide 20 hours to 36 hours of cool or warm mist to a 280 square-foot area.
You can not hear the humidifier no matter how long it runs; it just creates a 36-decibel sound frequency, which is similar to the noise of a whisper. This humidifier was also designed by Levoit to be leak-free, so it never soaks the furniture and nearby items like less effective humidifiers.
Ultrasonic Dual Mist
Probably the finest ultrasonic dual mist is the Levoit’s LV600HH humidifier. It is capable of creating a warm mist and a cold mist. You can get warm-mist benefits such as cough relief and neutralization of microbes or cool-mist benefits such as congestion relief and removal of static electricity with just a click of a button.
By clicking the mist output button on the unit or remote, you can pick the low mist, medium mist, or high mist setting to adjust the amount of moisture in the air.
A Comfortable Timer
The level of humidity is not the only feature that you can personalize. A built-in timer is provided for this humidifier, so you can set the device to function from 1 hour to 12 hours. The humidifier automatically shuts off after the preset time is done, meaning you don’t have to plan your whole day running the humidifier.
You can access the 12-hour timer and other settings by the smooth touch buttons on the unit or the remote that can be used up to 16 feet away from the computer.
Compatible with Essential Oils
In order to brighten the mood while enjoying the health benefits, Levoit LV600HH is ideally suited for use of essential oils so that you can use this as an aromatherapy diffuser and humidifier.
On the pad of the aroma box at the back of the foundation, just put 2-3 drops of essential oil and enjoy! Plus, with the warm mist feature, it can also be used with medicated steam vaporizing liquids.
Recommended for You: Best Dehumidifier and Air Purifier Combo | 2-in-1 Machines for a Safer and Cleaner Home
The LV600HH has been considered by most individuals to be one of the most efficient and easy to clean humidifiers. It has a high-end humidistat, which means you can keep it going without fearing that it will over-humidify the room to the extent of condensation.
Do you want to know the precise amount of moisture in your house before turning on the Levoit? With this model’s humidistat function, you could do all of this and much more. Not only that but if you want to, it also helps you to adjust the amount of humidity you want to keep at all times in your house. As a result, you will have full control over the humidity in your home with the Levoit LV600HH.
Thanks to its ultrasonic technology and its warm & cold mist system, the Levoit LV600HH offers a very quiet process (about 36dB) and offers health benefits. This not only tends to relieve the effects caused by the flu or common cold, but it also steam kills most bacteria, lets you sleep well, increases the condition of the air, and helps dry the face, throat, tongue, and nose.
During winter, the warm mist is nice and it will make you feel a little warmer.
- Model: Levoit LV600HH
- Mist Type: Cool and Warm Mist
- Technology: Ultrasonic
- Water Tank Capacity: 6L/1.5gal
- Running Time (Full Tank): 20-36 hrs
- Range: 40–70 m² (430–753 ft²)
- Maximum Warm Mist Output: 500ml/h
- Maximum Cool Mist Output: 300ml/h
- Noise Level: ≤36dB
- Swivel Nozzle: 360° Dual Nozzle
- With Built-in Humidistat?: Yes
- Auto Shutoff: Yes (Low Water Protection)
- Essential Oil Compatible: Yes
- Timer: 1-12 hours
- Display-off: Yes
- With Remote Control?: Yes
- Power Supply: AC 120V, 60Hz
- Dimensions: 28 x 18 x 26 cm / 11,3 x 7 x 10,5 inches
- Rated power (Max): 280W
- Net weight: 2,23 kg / 4,92 lbs
What We Like
- The general consensus is that the Levoit 6L warm and cool mist humidifier is quiet.
- The warm mist is not boiling hot to burn you.
- The cleaning process is so easy that your hand can fit through the water tank.
- Comes with a touch control and remote control.
- The humidistat feature of this model.
What Needs Improvement
It may have been noticed by longtime humidifier users that we did not mention the sort of filter used by this model.
Yeah, it was because it doesn’t use any. The lack of a filter, however, doesn’t mean that the device can pump filthy moisture into your house.
How to Clean Your Humidifier
To clean a humidifier, you do not require (and shouldn’t use) detergents or abrasive brushes. Only gather these items:
- White Vinegar Distilled
- Clean Warm Water
- Brush (included on the package)
- Always make sure that when cleaning, the humidifier is unplugged from any power source first.
- From the water tank, remove the top cover.
- Rinse the nozzles and the cover under clean water, much better if you also sanitize them with warm water.
- Drain out the extra water in the water tank. Fill it with 2 cups of white vinegar, and 2 cups of water. Put the cap back on and shake it carefully to cover the water tank on both sides.
- Fill the inner chamber also with 1 cup of vinegar. Leave the vinegar to soak for 30 minutes within both the water tank and the internal chamber.
- To remove any scale buildup within the water tank or the inner chamber, use the included cleaning brush to clean it.
- Pour out the vinegar from the chamber and water tank and thoroughly rinse with warm water.
- Dry all parts with a clean dry cloth. Make sure they are completely dry.
Cleaning the Aroma Pad
- To release it from the base, click the aroma box, then take it out.
- Remove and clean the aroma pad with running water only.
- Dry it with a clean cloth and placed it back in the aroma box.
Disinfect the water tank before or after if you will store the humidifier for a long period of time. You should also disinfect if there is any mold development inside the water tank.
1. Clean the water tank
2. Fill the tank with 1 teaspoon of bleach along with 1 gallon of clean water. Seal up the water tank, then shake the water tank lightly to ensure that the mixture is coated on all sides.
3. Add 1⁄4 teaspoon of bleach to the base, along with 1 cup of clean water.
The Levoit LV600HH is not a cheap humidifier like the ones that you use at bargain-price stores. But thanks to its auto mode, specific humidistat, and auto shut down as well as its power output, it is really a great option.
The large tank is a perfect choice for someone that wants a humidifier that can accommodate a big space. Although its almost quiet function means it’s also ideal as a bedroom humidifier.
This Levoit LV600HH review should give you the idea now if you are considering to buy a humidifier that will give you all your needs.