Table of Contents
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and to bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most cases I receive referral commissions. Eventually, I may earn enough to buy a beer or two 🙂
Looking for the best bagless upright vacuums? Read on to learn more.
To prevent diseases and other health problems, it is vital to keep the indoor environment free of dust. The growing cases of external pollution aggravate the indoor environment and thus a regular cleaning procedure should be followed.
But it is not enough to only dust the flat surface, as dust mites and other contaminants are not removed. With a powerful vacuum cleaner, the removal of dust mites and other toxins is possible.
Bagless vacuum cleaners attract the attention of many users among the overwhelming collection of the best vacuum cleaners on the market.
While upright vacuums are mainly designed to excel in large room cleaning, they can be flexible tools in every household. Their distinct, bulky shape usually permits a bigger dirt shelter, which can help if you have a large mess to clean up.
You should also clean up your tap so most of your pet’s hair and waste can be removed without too much trouble. However, aside as stick or canister models can be heavier, making them a little less portable and maneuverable, especially on the steps or in other, narrow areas.
Here are our top 8 best bagless upright vacuums that you must consider if you’re having trouble tackling tough dirt.
#1 Bissell CleanView Swivel Pet Bagless Vacuum
Nothing’s better than having one or a bunch of fur babies in your house roaming around freely. Except for the thousands of fur that may accumulate on carpets or furniture, of course. The good news is that it is completely possible to get away with pet hair from carpets, given that you have the right arsenal tools.
The Bissell CleanView Swivel Pet Vacuum provides exceptional performance with affordable access to expert flooring. Specially designed for families with pets, the product includes unique pet tools and features, where you can care for everyone in your house.
Triple Action System
This BISSELL CleanView Swivel Rewind Pet vacuum cleaner comes with a triple-action brush roll that easily lifts debris and pet hair easily from carpets. The multi-cyclone suction system ensures that you take everything up, and it is easy to keep this suction with an Easy Empty dirt cup. The rim-to-rim cleaning feature allows you to remove the scrap from walls and the floor, and the corner-tool included is useful to remove hair and tight corners from animal hair.
Removes Pet Odors
The Two Febreeze Pet Odor Eliminator filters from this BISSELL CleanView Swivel Pet vacuum cleaner to remove odors caused by pets.
The BISSEL Cleanview Swivel Pet consists of two side unpowered brushes that keep pollutants from spreading around the house. They guarantee that all dust pieces in a vacuum path are in place for suction intake and triple-action brushes to collect up and simply remove them.
The side brushes also perform very well for the intake of dirt from the sides. This enables you to move 2252 in corners and along the edges so that no dirt is left.
Its bagless feature saves you money so you don’t have to keep buying vacuum bags. There are also a few irritating things – at least in the field of cleaning – it is to realize that you are out of bags and have to go to the shop midway through the aspiration.
The translucent container that makes up the majority of the machine will pull the hair and dirt are in it instead of being sucked into the bags, which will whirl around thanks to Bissell’s cyclonic technology.
The multi-cyclonic filter system can be removed from the Bissell 2252 and washed under running water. Only remove the filter from the system and wash it if the vacuum cleaner ultimately loses suction power. Before reinstalling into the vacuum unit, allow it to dry entirely.
Each filter is designed to last up to 6 months. However, it depends on how much the vacuum cleaner is used and what kind of waste blocks the mesh.
- Dirt Cup Capacity: 0.26 gal
- Power Rating: 8 amps
- Cord Length: 25 ft
- Automatic Cord Rewind: No
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Detachable Canister: No
- Tools Storage: Onboard
- Product Weight: 14.5 lbs
- Nozzle Width: 13.5 inches
- Attachments: Pet TurboEraser, Upholstery Tool, Tool Brush, Crevice Tool, Extension Wand, Dusting Brush
- This is a wonderful option if you are looking for a strong vacuum. This model is ideal for most kinds of floors according to most users.
- Some consumers considered this vacuum to be good for hair collection because it is very efficient and makes the floors clean.
- The dust bin can be emptied easily and due to the opening process and how it opens up to expel the powder according to some users, it is not messy.
- In terms of effectiveness and suction, some users felt this vacuum is worth much more expensive models.
- It is said to be light and easy to manage, making it a good choice for those who often vacuum.
- A bit bulky
- Hard to get under low furniture
- Can be blocked often when large pieces of debris are collected
Where to buy Bissell CleanView Swivel Pet Vacuum
#2 Eureka NEU182A Power Speed Turbo Upright Vacuum
Vacuums from Eureka are America’s household name. They are a popular option worldwide, ranked among the leading brand. Eurekas are lauded for their special cleaning, efficiency, affordability, and lightweight capabilities.
These cleaning machines have histories for the best purchases and have been awarded for energy-efficiency in almost every vacuum store. Eureka made it simpler for everyone to use the NEU182A Power Speed Turbo Upright Vacuum.
You can bring the vacuum cleaner into place in a few quick steps and the startup is fully hands-free. The height of the floor bubble can be adjusted to allow you to clean all floors and the detachable tubes in your house.
The height of the floor nozzle is adjustable so you can remove the detachable hose and baggage wand to clean all the floors in the room. In addition, you get multiple accessories for tasks like stair cleaning, cleaning blinds, and more.
Look at the vacuum cleaner Eureka NEU182A, you’d forgive yourself for thinking that it was a heavy, complicated, uneasy piece of equipment. It surely has a certain size but amazingly it is still lightweight.
The massive dust cup capacity is one of the most important features of Eureka PowerSpeed. The vacuums are fitted with a bin containing a remarkable 2.6 liter (0.7 gallons) of waste.
Not many uprights have this size of dirt. You can clean the floors or huge areas without having to stop emptying the bin. This is one reason why these vacuums are popular with people who own a big house and have far more than one pet.
The wide space to collect dirt and debris also makes sure your PowerSpeed does not lose its suction capacity. Once the cylindrical cup has been filled, you do not have to worry that its contents will be discarded.
It has a safe and easy emptying system. When the bottom cover is pressed, a button releases the dirt into the garbage can.
Wide Range of Attachments
Eureka didn’t waste any money on the accessories, surely. You have four easy attachments with the Power Speed Turbo. There’s a 7-inch crevice tool to pull cracker breaks between your cushions, which can be used to cool off any surface including door frames and counters.
Additionally, the vacuum includes an upholstery tool and a mini-brush tool for stairs and pet hair. By pressing each tool on the end of the hose or handle, you can connect easily to it. Also, there is a place on the vacuum to store all the tools for easy access and convenience.
- Dirt Cup Capacity: 1.1 gallon
- Cord Length: 25 ft
- Automatic Cord Rewind: No
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Detachable Canister: No
- Tools Storage: Onboard
- Product Weight: 10 lbs
- Product Dimensions (LxWxH): 13.39 x 13.78 x 44.49 in.
- Hose Length: 4.92 ft.
- Dust Cup Capacity: 2.6L
- Cleaning Path Width: 12.6 inches
- Attachments Included: Quick release wand, Crevice tool, Upholstery tool, Dusting brush
- Outstanding value for money
- Remarkable power cleaning
- Equipped with several accessories and tools
- Incredibly light and easy to handle.
- Adjustable head for total versatility
- Big chamber for dust and washable filter
- An engine is a little noisy
- The outside quickly gets dusty
Where to buy Eureka NEU182A Power Speed Turbo Upright Vacuum
#3 Dyson Animal Ball 2 Upright Bagless Vacuum
For countless years Dyson Vacuum Cleaners were a trustworthy cleaning product. The heart of the brand is power and productivity, and the Dyson Ball Animal2 also features these distinctive characteristics. The vacuum cleaner is especially intended for the pet owner and cleanses most surfaces, including hardwood floors and moldings, excellently.
Dyson Ball 2 Cleaning
With the Dyson Ball Animal 2, you can effortlessly tackle animal hair, dust, and dirt. It excels when it comes to collecting fur and so it is included in the title. This vacuum is a wonderful choice if you’re looking for a strong vacuum to assist in animal hair, crumbs, and dirt cleaning.
Works on Different Floor Types
The Dyson Ball Animal 2 works on different surfaces of the floor. When the carpet is used, the suction ability is shown when it digs into it to remove dirt and hair.
You must switch off the rotating brush at the bottom of your vacuum cleaner if you want to use it on hardwood floors. The Dyson Ball Animal 2 is easily used to retrieve invisible hair and dust particles on hardwood floors. The furniture and obstacles are easily navigated with a swift turn of the wrist and the cleaning tool is versatile and can easily be reached.
Emptying requires the button to be pressed firmly, all the dust and debris in the bin were straight. The container was decent, so you will not always go to the bin.
- Suction: 270 AW
- Product Dimensions: 43.13 x 15.35 x 13.39
- Product Weight: 17.35 lbs
- Power Cord Length: 35 ft
- Bin Size: 0.55 gal
- Attachments: Combination tool, Stair Tool, Tangle-free turbine tool
- Filtration: Washable Lifetime Filter
- Cleaner Head: Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head
- Maximum Reach: 40 ft
- The tangle-free tool performs well on things such as pet hair, threads, strings, etc. It is good to hold and does not cause the brushes to tangle.
- The instruments are “click-fit.” This ensures that they remain firm.
- At 270 air watts, the ball animal has an enormous suction.
- The brush-winder is strong and the brush-winder so strong that you can feel that when the floor is involved it vibrates.
- The active base plate found at the bottom of the cleaner head reduces the loss of suction from the perimeter and makes the suction channel maximum possible.
- Carpet cleaning is an excellent accomplishment. It can fight with bigger debris so it can pull everything up for normal waste on the tap.
- It is superb to clean on bare floors. In combination with the active base plate, the enormous suction helps suck all kinds of waste.
- The vacuum’s cleaning range is very long. – The pre-motor filter and post-motor filter may either be washed or reused. Washable filters in combination with a bagless vacuum to minimize consumables.
- The canister can be removed easily, vacuumed, and re-connected. There is also a relatively big volume of 0.55 gallons, which helps to ensure that you don’t empty it too often.
- When you move it back and forth, you can feel the heft of the machine. This can also be seen more at the reverse, as you battle the strong brush. When you clean a big area, it can be very exhausting.
- The vacuum is a little on the loud side
- A bit pricey
Where to buy Dyson Animal Ball 2 Upright Bagless Vacuum
#4 Shark Ion P50 Powerd Lift-Away
A cordless upright vacuum of the Shark ION P50 Powered Lift-Away is anything to excite. SharkNinja has created a mini-war machine dressed as a vacuum cleaner and our opponents – which is also known in our houses and vehicles as accrued dirt and debris – may not know what is going on.
The Shark ION P50 is a straight, multi-part, cordless vacuum cleaner. These include a separable nozzle, hose, a handle, an removable dust bin, and an ION battery that can be recharged.
A duster gap, a dusting brush and an upholstery tool, an ION battery locking kit including a charging cradle and cord are included in the attachments.
Powered Lift-Away Mode
While the operating mode is not exclusive in the Shark lineup, it’s rare among brands of the vacuum cleaner. This is one of these features that when you see (and try) how inventive Shark’s engineers are.
You should remove or lift the bowl to run the wall in full power in order to reach small places such as under chairs and tables or high places such as bookshelves or cabs.
The P50 is simply a lightweight or handheld vacuum, but with a machine of full size. Here’s a short video showing how it works to see all the options:
- Product Dimensions: 10.2 x 12.4 x 44.8 inches
- Weight: 12 lbs
- Suction Power: 100 AW (boost mode)
- Voltage: 28.8 V
- Watts: 260 W
- Amperage: 9A
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion
- Charging Time: Minimum 3.5 hours
- Run time: 50 mins in Lift-Away mode
- 30 mins in Upright on hard floors
- 28 mins in Upright on the hard carpet
- 18 mins in Boost mode
- Filtration: Pre-motor + HEPA
- DuoClean Technology: Yes
- Powered Lift-Away Technology: Yes
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal: Yes
- Docking Station: Yes
- Dustbin Capacity: 20 oz (0.6 liters)
- Noise level: 70 dB
- It is not as heavy as most vacuums, which allows for longer time periods to be used on floors.
- The big cup of dust has a greater amount of dirt than the usual vacuum.
- Great running time – running for up to 50 minutes.
- The elevator feature offers a wide range of ways for customers to clean up various areas of their homes.
- Within the cup, the fully dressed system retains fine allergens.
- It has not so much in attachments.
- The shaft is a little too small and does not provide much in terms of coverage
- There is no fast release latch for all extra attachments.
Where to buy Shark Ion P50 Powered Lift-Away Vacuum
#5 Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe Upright Vacuum
The Shark Navigator Deluxe basically is a variant of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away with a highly rated selling experience and only few distinctions. It is also offered in other colors, an option with a regular model not available.
The Deluxe is a nice alternative if you like a Navigator, but only want something different or in other colors. A Bagless Upright and Lift-Away canister are combined with the NV360 Shark.
You can now easily vacuum carpets, bare floors, furniture, ceiling fans, stairways, fabrics and curtains. It is suitable in most apartments, shops and offices for most people.
Efficient Multi-Surface Cleaning
What an advantage it would be if you can use a multifunctional vacuum! I mean a vacuum that can be used to clean both hard- and bare floors and also carpets. Purchasing separate vacuums for various floor types can be cumbersome and costly. Fortunately, shark NV360 is sufficiently strong to clean hard floors and carpets easily.
Adjustable Suction Power
The transition from hard floors to low pile to high piled carpets is also a breeze. Depending on the surfaces that you clean – on for carpets and off for bare floors, you can also turn on and off the brush.
Unlike a normal vacuum, thanks to the swivel steering technology, it is easy to use the Nv360 shark navigator in a room with numerous pieces of furniture. For those who need a simple and efficient smoothing and less effort to achieve it, this is a great solution.
The NV360 is used to combine HEPA filters with the anti-allergen complete seal technology.
Therefore, 100% of all allergens and toxins inside this excellent filtration system are trappable without constantly blowing to the air. For people who are allergic to dust and pollen these filters are so convenient and practical.
Moreover, this navigator lift-away cleaner is going to save a lot of money as the filters can be reused and washed.
- Product Weight: 12.5 lbs.
- Canister Weight: 7.5 lbs.
- Dirt capacity: 1.2 dry quarts
- Wattage: 1200W
- Amperage: 10 Amps
- Voltage: 120V
- Power Cord Length: 25 feet
- Crevice Tool: 5.5 inches
- Cleaning Path: 11 inches
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- Lift-Away technology
- Swivel Steering
- Filter Type: HEPA Filter
- Brushroll Shutoff
- Powerful suction, adjustable
- Simple to operate
- Canister removable
- Multi-surface cleaning
- Great for allergy control
- Has some useful accessories
- Washable and reusable filters
- Picks up pet hair easily
- Easy to clean and empty
- No headlight
- Small dust cup
- The cord should be longer
Where to buy Shark Navigator Deluxe Upright Vacuum
#6 Hoover Pet Max UH74110 Bagless Upright Vacuum
If you are going to clean your hard and carpet floors with the best upright vacuum, then look no further. The Hoover Pet Max UH74110 is an incredibly strong, flexible upright built to cope with the roughest, toughest stains on all kinds of surfaces.
The comfort and productivity are above all what the Hoover Pet Max Bagless Upright Vacuum provides. This is easily one of the most powerful reliable vacuums on the market.
Powerful 12-amp Motor
The UH74110 packs quite a lot of heat.The unit is equipped with a 12-amp ultra-powerful motor that provides the suction power to remove the tiniest piece of dust from shaggy areas.
There should be absolutely no doubt, since the brushroll with 3 set of parallel bristles lifting and removing debris out of small crevices and cracks, this upright can manage bare floors as easily.
Its scatter guard is what makes it a genuine masterpiece. The plastic housing around the brush roll ensures that the brush does not end up throwing the debris sideways while the hard floors are vacuumed.
The vacuum has a filter for pre-motor and 1 filter for post-motor. This pre-motor filter is rinsed into water and you can rinse it easily, let it dry, then put it back in the machine when it gets dirty.
Hoover was also nice enough just to provide a second pre-motor filter, so you can attach one and continue using the vacuum – a great touch when the other one is drying (which could take around 24 hours). After all 4-6 cleaning sessions Hoover says you can clean this filter.
The post-motor filter is engineered to eliminate allergens from the air. However this filter cannot be rinsed and you can remove excess dust/dirt when it is filthy, but it will need to be replaced at one point.
The HEPA grade of the post motor is also a very fine filter that can remove or eliminate pollens, mold and mildew, dust mites, pet hair, and so on. These filters are popular with people with allergies or asthma. Moreover, this filter has a carbon layer that absorbs odor.
- Type: Upright
- Bagged/Bagless: Bagless
- Recommended Surface Type: Bare Floors & Carpet
- Pet Hair Features: Yes
- Approx. Weight: 17.1 lbs
- HEPA Filter: Yes
- Power Cord Length: 30 ft
- Motor Driven Brush Bar: Yes
- Rated Power: 1440 Watts
- Dirt Capacity: 2.5 liters
- Brush Roll On/Off: Yes
- Quick Release Wand: Yes
- Secondary Air Filtration: HEPA, Carbon
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Powerful suction
- Excellent for picking up pet hair
- Reasonably priced
- Pre-motor filter is rinseable in water
- Dust canister is easy to empty
- Pet turbo tool performs well
- A little bit loud
- Users find it heavy
- The hose is stiff
- Wand is too short
Where to buy Hoover Pet Max UH74110 Bagless Upright Vacuum
#7 Shark Rotator NV501 Bagless Upright Vacuum
The Shark Rotator NV501 Bagless Upright professional lift was created for cleaning the whole house. The special feature of the Lift-Away enhances the flexibility of the model so that it performs superb clean-ups over floors like stairs, curtains, furniture and so on.
A detachable canister for compact cleaning power is available on the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Upright Vacuum. The button can be pushed to lift the canister and effortlessly clean in the difficult-to-reach areas using their Lift-Away Technology. This function enables you to get deeper clean into any part of your house and vehicle.
Promotes Clean Air
The Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum captures dust and allergens and cleanses the air around you with an anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA Filter. It can trap 99% of dust and allergens within the vacuum to protect your family and pets from harmful pollutants.
This cleaner comes with an advanced swivel steering and LED headlights, with a range of functions to support cleaning your routine. These allow perfect control when handling furniture and fast location at night.
A 8.4ft long hose for cleansing space is provided by the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away Upright vacuum. And you can clean without disruption with an XL-capacity dust cup for a long time. Finally, a Premium Pet Power Brush comes in, so that you can clean up more without much.
- Cord Length: 30 feet
- Auto Cord Rewind: No
- Motorized Brush: Yes
- Brush On/Off Switch: Yes
- Swivel: Yes
- Headlight: Yes
- Bagless: Yes
- Multi-Surface: Yes
- Self propelled: No
- Net weight: 15.6 pounds
- Cleaning Path: 11.5 inches
- Overall Length: 45.7 inches
- Filter Type: HEPA + Washable foam filter
- Power: 1200 watts
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Warranty: 5 years
- Excellent Performance
- Great for removing embedded dirt from carpet
- Performs well on hard floors
- Quiet while vacuuming
- Assembly is so easy
- Easy to empty containers without mess
- Washable filter
- Caddy will tumble if you pull too hard
- Few questions about plastic parts’ durability
Where to buy Shark Rotator NV501 Bagless Upright Vacuum
#8 Bissell 20431 Powerglide Elevator Off Pet Plus Vacuum
Pet hair may stick to almost any kind of floors, cloth and furniture. If you have the Bissell 20431 Powerglide Elevator Off Pet Plus upright bagless vacuum, then, you wouldn’t have to live a life covered by fur. In one quick step, it becomes a canister vacuum, enabling you to remove pet hair effortlessly from stairs, carpets, curtains while adjusting the suction speed to suit your cleaning job.
You can use the brush roll if you need it to vacuum the carpet and turn it off when the hard floors have to be cleaned by switching around the rocker switch.
Thanks to three varieties of bristle and multi-cyclone suction on the brush, pet hairs can easily be removed from your carpets.
The floor nozzle on this 10-amp vacuum clears in a 12-inch way, so that it does not take long for the whole room to vacuum and the nozzle rotates easily around furniture. With an extra-long 30-foot wire, you would not have to change electric outlets continuously while you are cleaning.
Keeps Air Pollutants Out of the Air
You will definitely not breathe in allergens with this vacuum cleaner. The Powerglide does have a smartseal system from Bissell that keeps the vacuum from blowing dust and pet hair
- .Cord Length: 30 feet
- Hose Length: 6 feet
- Cleaning Path: 12.5″ (10.25″ with suction)
- Height: 44 inches
- Power: 10 amps
- Total Weight: 15 lbs
- Dustbin Capacity: 0.75 liters
- Lift-Off Canister Weight: 8.6 lbs
- Filtration: SmartSeal Allergen System
- Brushroll On/Off: Yes
- Automatic Cord Rewind: No
- Turbobrush Tool
- Extension Wand
- Crevice Tool
- Dusting Brush
- Warranty: 5-Year Limited
- Brushroll On/Off Control
- Comes with SmartSeal Allergen System
- Contains two washable Filters
- Febreze filter that makes your home smell fresh
- Swivel Steering
- Improved brushroll belt placement
- Lift-Off 2-in-1 vacuum design
- 5-year Limited Warranty
- 0.75 liter dustbin
- No height modifications for cleaner head
- You may find the hose to be cumbersome when vacuuming tight areas
Where to buy Bissell 20431 Powerglide Elevator Off Pet Plus Vacuum
Bagless vacuum cleaners provide easy, efficient methods of collecting domestic dirt and disposing of it. Without compromising on quality and reliability you prevent the frustration and cost of replacement of vacuum bags.
They do not suffer the suction loss that happens when the cleaner bags are filled and you can easily pass through the dirt receptacle when you inadvertently vacuum something worthy of the good.
And here’s some help in finding the ideal one for your needs.
They are extremely maneuverable, lightweight and compact. The engine and suction head are combined into one unit of upright vacuums. It is great for quick cleaning, especially if you have a lot of carpets.
When buying a vacuum cleaner, filtration is a significant hygiene consideration. It is important to ensure, with most filters on the market, that the vacuum you choose has a filter that meets your health standards and needs.
The HEPA filter is a popular and highly effective vacuum filter. They help people with allergies and asthma. Fine particles that cause allergies and asthma symptoms are trapped by HEPA filters. The vacuum cleaner should be equipped with a fully dressed air system to make the HEPA filter completely efficient.
To Sum Things Up
Bagless vacuums have parts for plastic dirt and use filters to avoid dusty air that settle back in the clean environment. They typically have minimal or almost no recurring costs, depending on whether they use feasible filters or not. However, the shape and the size can vary greatly, all to be better suited for various types of cleaning tasks.
So, in short, the best bagless upright vacuums can be your ideal solution if you’re not going to face the trouble to replace a dirt bag in your vacuum!