Table of Contents
Best HEPA Vacuum for Allergies 2021
Allergies can be really frustrating. Dust, mold, and dirt linger in almost every area of our homes, so it’s evident if your senses become itchy, tingling, or watery as a result of allergen contact. That said, you don’t have to suffer from allergies all of the time—there are solutions to all of your allergy, mold, and dust problems. The best HEPA vacuums can be your new best friend.
Indoor allergies can make sufferers feel annoyed and exhausted. Allergies can leave you with a stuffy nose, itchiness, and a cough. You dust and wipe down surfaces, but dust or pet hair still triggers you when you get home.
It’s possible that the type of vacuum you’re using is the missing element in reducing indoor allergies. Because dust and animal allergies are so common, having a powerful vacuum to remove any debris that could trigger an attack is critical.
What is HEPA?
HEPA or high-efficiency particulate air is a type of filter that can trap a great amount of very tiny particles that would otherwise be recirculated back into your home’s air by other vacuum cleaners.
In homes where people suffer from allergies or respiratory conditions, HEPA vacuums are advised for reducing dust, pet dander, and other prevalent allergens.
A good allergy vacuum should be airtight, able to capture over 99 percent of particles in the air and have a range of other features that make a cleaning machine effective. When it comes to anti-allergy vacuums, HEPA filtration technology is typically the most talked about functionality.
Dust and other foreign particles are stopped from being swept back into the air by a high-quality filtration device such as HEPA. HEPA was developed to keep suction at its peak when filtering microscopic air particles (which are sometimes even less than 0.3 microns).
To help you make the best decisions, here are the best vacuum cleaners for allergies to choose from.
#1 Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel HEPA Vacuum
The Hoover brand is associated with vacuuming in certain parts of the world. The name has also become a common trademark, with the word “vacuum cleaner” being used interchangeably. Since 1908, when the company created its first cleaner, it has been a market leader. The MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel is a bagless upright cylinder vacuum with a 1.5-liter dust and debris storage capacity.
The fact that this is a conventional upright model necessitates the use of mains strength. For storage, the cord can be tied around the vacuum cleaner’s handle. For the MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel’s crevice, dusting, and other attachments, this handle also acts as a removable vacuum nozzle. Given the cleaner’s 17-pound weight, the mass is evenly distributed
Excellent Suction Power
An incredible amount of suction will flow through the main brush and the detachable hose, if you want to use it, allows you to clean up almost anything in your way as you run the vacuum.
You can vacuum on both hard and soft floors with ease now that you have access to this suction capacity. There’s even a detachable hose that can be used to vacuum almost any surface. If you need to vacuum on a table or a wall, for example, you can do so with the hose.
A strong brush roll is located inside the vacuum cleaner’s cleaning head. The brush roll’s thickness and density allow it to easily collect and absorb all types of dirt, dust, and debris. As a result, nothing will be overlooked while vacuuming your floors.
Apart from that, this brush roll is ideal for all types of rugs and carpets. The brush’s individual bristles can dig into the rug or carpet you’re cleaning, loosening and eliminating whatever is trapped beneath the surface.
Excellent for Pet Hair
This vacuum is ideal for cleaning up after pets because it is a “pet” vacuum. This is due solely to the vacuum cleaner’s brush roll and suction power, which enables pet hair of all kinds to be collected and removed with complete ease.
- Bagless: Yes
- Brush Speed: One – Speed
- Brushroll Window: Yes
- Cleaning Path: 12.5 In
- Cyclonic Action: Multi-Cyclonic
- Detachable Handle: Yes
- Dirt Cup: Bottom Release
- Dirt Cup Capacity: 1.5 Liters
- Dry Nozzle Brush Type: Motorized Brushroll
- Grip Type: Comfort Grip Handle
- Handle: Removable
- Handle Material: Plastic
- Headlight: Yes
- Height Adjustment: Automatic
- Hose Color: Clear
- Hose Type: Deluxe Stretch
- Motor Amps: 11 Amps
- Motor Watts: 1320.0 Watts
- Multi Floor On & Off: Yes
- Number Of Cyclones: 6
- Number Of Motors: 2
- Perfect For Pets: Yes
- Power Nozzle: Yes
- Primary Filter Life: 24 Months
- Quick Release Cord: Yes
- Reach: 13 Ft
- Sealed Allergen System: Allergen Filtration
- Secondary Filtration: Carbon HEPA
- Steerable: Yes
- Storage: Self-Standing
- Swivel Head: Yes
- Variable Suction Control: Yes
- Wheel Type: Soft
- Windtunnel Technology: Yes
- Weight: 17 Lbs
- Product shipping weight: 20.1
- works as handheld or upright
- great for cleaning curtains and blinds
- powerful attachments that offer excellent suction
- the brush roll design on this vacuum will not be a problem when picking up pet fur and hair falls.
- this model features a HEPA filter that captures 99% of allergens and minimizes odors
- this vacuum cleaner isn’t cheap but can be a good investment product
Where to buy Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel HEPA Vacuum
#2 Kenmore Intuition Triple HEPA Vacuum
Bagged vacuuming has been reimagined thanks to the Kenmore Intuition. A groundbreaking, light-weight upright with all of the Kenmore strength and efficiency you’ve come to expect. No-touch bag technology, allergen seal, bag fill indicator, power flow bag chamber, lift up, and other innovative and exclusive inventions are included.
The Kenmore Intuition is a sleek, stylish upright vacuum with many advanced attachments for cleaning pet hair and hard-to-reach dirt. This vacuum cleaner worked admirably in our hands-on testing in terms of cleaning and suction.
This vacuum is a powerhouse, with 12 amps of motor power and HEPA filtration.
The height change selector is mounted on the nozzle of the Kenmore 31140 vacuum. The latter has a bright enough headlight to properly illuminate the carpet in dimly lit places. The handle has a button to configure the unit for carpet and floor vacuuming. A full bag indicator on the bottom of the vacuum bag stops it from overfilling.
The power cord wraps around two hooks on the back of the unit, with the top hook turning 180 degrees to quickly detach the coil. To prevent fiddling with multiple parts, it has an extendable aluminum telescopic wand.
A revolving air-driven pet/upholstery brush for cleaning furniture, drapes, and stairs, a standard crevice tool, and a Pet HandiMate tool with hard-rubber brushes are also included in the collection of attachments.
The Kenmore 31140 has a 12 amp motor and airflow to gather small and large debris (cereal, cat litter, flour, rice, sand, and other materials) from hard and soft surfaces. It also has four height settings to ensure that vacuuming is successful no matter how long the pile is:
- Deep-pile rugs may benefit from HI.
- Medium and deep-pile carpets are covered by MED HI.
- Low and medium-pile coverings fit well with MED LO.
- Mats, low-pile rugs, and bare floors are all compatible with LO.
When a user tilts the vacuum handle up and down, the position of the powerhead does not adjust.
As the machine switches from the bare floor to the rug, the Power Flow technology ensures that no suction power is lost. The machine makes 85 decibels of noise at pick power, which is very low for such a large machine.
With one of the attachments, the Kenmore 31140 Pet Friendly upright vacuum has a suction motor for cleaning hardwood, tile floors, and delicate carpets. It also has an agitator motor that works in conjunction with a suction motor and is required for cleaning typical rugs.
When the usual airflow to the suction motor is clogged, the branded Thermal Protector immediately shuts the system off. The By-Pass Valve also prevents the suction motor from overheating.
- Cord Length: 30 feet
- Product Overview:
- Color Blue
- Wand Material: Aluminum
- Wand Type: Telescopic & Extendable
- Number of Onboard Attachments: 3
- Total Attachments Included: 3
- Cleaning Width: 14 inches
- Suction Type: Motorized
- Bag Type: Style O
- Features: Multi-Surface
- Number of Height Adjustments: 4
- Pile Height Adjustment: Manual
- Number of Amps: 12
- Number of Motor Speeds: 2
- Filter Type: HEPA
- Number of Filters: 3
- Light: Yes
- Power Cord Included: Yes
- Telescopic Handle: Yes
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Powerful suction
- Sturdy hose
- The high-quality construction of the machine.
- It does a great job cleaning pet hair.
- Creates less noise compared to other vacuums
- Hose length is too short
- Some users find it hard to assemble
Where to buy Kenmore Intuition Triple HEPA Vacuum
#3 Miele Blizzard CX1 Bagless HEPA Vacuum
Bagless vacuum cleaners have long been a point of controversy for Miele engineers, and the current Blizzard CX1 bagless vacuum is a big step forward. While the cost savings by not having to exchange bags on a regular basis were undeniable, Miele’s hesitancy to make the move was understandable.
Despite the fact that some bagless vacuums worked quietly and some high-end models had strong suction, air quality remained an issue for the vast majority of bagless vacuums.
Miele was reluctant to release a bagless vacuum cleaner because it knew how important its clean-air technology was to many families, particularly those with babies, small children, and allergy sufferers.
Hard Floors, Carpet, and Stairs
On tiled and wooden floors, as well as carpet, the Miele Blizzard CX1 Cat&Dog PowerLine was a winner. Moving the floorhead’s brushes from one sort of surface to another was as easy as flipping the foot control. For hard flooring, they should be protruding, and for carpet and rugs, they should be retracted.
A crevice tool and upholstery nozzle were included with the vacuum. Thankfully, they’re on board, so there’s no need to rummage or waste time switching jobs. There’s even a dusting brush built into the handle, which comes in handy if (let’s say) you notice any crumbs on your keyboard.
The mains cable retracts through a foot-operated switch, which is a convenient back-saver. For asthmatics (raise your hand if you have one), the Allergy UK-approved lifetime HEPA AirClean filter is reassuring. If you’ve tackled a dust storm, the vacuum has a self-cleaning feature that can also be manually activated.
- Vacuum Type: Canister with Power Nozzle
- Amperage: 12-Amp
- Suction Motor: Miele Vortex Motor (1200 Watts)
- Revolving Brush: 12.5 inches wide with 2 rows of stiff bristles
- Brush: Electric Motor in Power Nozzle
- Bag Type: Bagless System
- Overall System: HEPA 13 Filter Completely Sealed System
- Hose: Wire Reinforced Electric Hose
- Wand: Stainless Steel Direct Connect Telescopic Wand
- Carpet Nozzle: Electro Plus Powerbrush
- Bare Floor Nozzle.: Miele Parquet Floor Brush
- Upholstery Tool: SEBO Hand Turbine Nozzle and Upholstery Tool
- Dusting Brush: Miele SSP 10 Round Dusting Brush
- Crevice Tool: Miele 6″ Crevice Tool
- Storage Type: Crevice & Upholstery Nozzle on Vacuum
- Vacuum Weight: 14.6 lbs.
- Case Material: ABS Plastics
- Cord Winder: Yes
- Cord: 23′ Long 17/2
- Power Control: Dial on Vacuum
- Power Levels: Variable with 4 Click Stops
- Wheels: 4 360° Swivel Wheels
- It’s easy to remove the dust canister.
- The built-in dusting brush in the handle is convenient.
- All of the vacuum’s attachments can be stored on the vacuum’s body.
- The fine dust cleaner has an automated self-cleaning feature that is very useful.
- It worked well on all types of floors, particularly when it came to removing pet hair from the carpet.
- The instruction manual lists a number of different versions, making it difficult to find what you’re searching for.
- It’s a little difficult to store.
Where to buy Miele Blizzard CX1 Bagless HEPA Vacuum
#4 Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet HEPA Vacuum
The Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet powered vacuum is yet another Shark Vacuum innovation. The cleaner head and the pet tool on this premium model are both powered by electricity, rather than air-powered, for better cleaning.
This model is made for people who have pets and need to vacuum pet fur. The NV752 TruPet incorporates a lightweight upright vacuum cleaner with a detachable lightweight canister vacuum cleaner (with powered brush roll).
The Shark Rotator NV752 is a full-sized vacuum cleaner that was built for whole-house vacuuming and was created with pet owners in mind.
For both carpet and hardwood floors, the Lift-Away design utilizes the same motor-powered brush roll used for the upright model.
Allergy sufferers will enjoy the sealed HEPA Filtration Device, which filters allergy-causing particulates down to 0.3 microns.
The Shark Vacuum is effective on any surface. It can be used to scrub bare floors as well as sweep up pet hair from carpets and hard floors. When cleaning a small or low-pile rug, however, we recommend using the vac on the lowest level. Otherwise, the furniture will be hoovered up as well.
The brush pattern on the powerhead is excellent, leaving the carpets fluffier than ever. It’s a wonderful feature for pet owners who are worried about their carpets fraying.
The vacuum even cleans the sofa and upholstery, in addition to the floors and carpets. If your dog enjoys sitting on the couch, we recommend using the Shark Rotator’s motorized feature.
- Cord Length: 30 feet
- Auto Cord Rewind: No
- Motorized Brush: Yes
- Brush On/Off Switch: Yes
- Swivel Steering: Yes
- Headlight: Yes
- Filter Clogged Indicator: No
- Full Bin Indicator: No
- Bagless: Yes
- Multi-Surface: Yes
- Self Propelled: No
- Net Weight: 15.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 27.8 pounds
- Hose Length: 15.4 feet
- Cleaning Path: 11.5 inches
- Dirt Capacity N/A
- Filter Type: Washable main filter and HEPA filter
- Power: 1,200 Watts
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Warranty: VIP Lifetime Warranty
- Has excellent suction and airflow.
- Allergens are contained inside the dust cup due to the completely sealed device.
- Even in the lift-away mode, you can use the main nozzle thanks to the powered lift-away feature.
- Dust container with a wide size.
- On hard ground, bright LED lights assist in the detection of pet hair and light dust.
- It lacks the Duo Clean head, which limits its capacity to clean large dirt particles.
- If you’re not careful, you’ll easily trip over the hose.
Where to buy Shark Rotator NV752 TruePet HEPA Vacuum
#5 Shark Ion Multi-Surface Robot Vacuum AV752
As per specialist research, average citizens in the United States spend an hour a day cleaning their houses, which is why technology experts developed the Shark Ion Robot Vacuum av752. This vacuum has various features that will astound you, so let’s get started to learn more.
The Shark Ion Robot Vacuum av752 is a cutting-edge technology developed by expert engineers to make cleaning a breeze. It’s a robot cleaner that uses advanced technology to perform impressive automatic cleaning. It has a heavy suction and a three-brush mechanism that draws dirt in from the corners and edges.
Smart Technology: The Shark ION Robot detects ledges and stairs, prevents damaging furniture and walls, and moves around possible stuck situations, giving it a detailed understanding of your house.
Clean From Mobile: You can start and stop cleaning with the SharkClean app, and you can schedule your robot to clean whenever you want.
Easy Voice Control: In your connected house, use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to order the robot to clean.
120 Minutes Running Time: Full floor-to-carpet cleaning for up to 2 hours.
Crafted, Checked, and Developed Carefully: Shark put their robots through comprehensive testing, including thousands of hours of real-world use, to ensure a consistent, efficient clean.
The Shark Ion Robot Vacuum gathers large and small fragments from the ground and channels them into the cleaning direction. It is an outstanding carpet and floor cleaner. It also cleans the ledges and stairs since it is fitted with high-tech cliff sensors that sense approaching heights.
- Product Size: 18.5x 15.12x 5.59 inches.
- Producer: SharkNinja
- Weight: 8.1 lbs
- Battery Type: Lithium-Ion
- Alexa Controlled: Yes
- Brush Type: Tri-Brush System
- Working Time: 120 Minutes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Attachments: Charging Station, Brushes, Battery
Pros of Shark Ion Robot Vacuum av752
- The strong sensors don’t do any harm to the furniture.
- Cleaning can be achieved by voicing orders to the vacuum cleaner.
- It has a powerful suction mechanism.
- It cleans the entire room in a short amount of time, including the edges and corners.
Cons of the Shark Ion Robot Vacuum av752
- You will have to empty the vacuum cleaner’s dustbin on a daily basis.
- While connecting cleaner to the app, you will encounter connection issues.
Where to buy Shark Ion AV752
#6 Atrix Ergo HEPA Backpack Vacuum
Dragging the vacuum cleaner around for a long time If you’re cleaning a wide area can be aggravating.
But, luckily, there is a solution to this problem. Many people are unfamiliar with backpack vacuum cleaners, which is unfortunate because they are among the most powerful and useful vacuum cleaners available.
You can learn about the features and characteristics that make the Atrix VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum one of the best backpack vacuums on the market.
Lightweight and Convenient
To begin, the Atrix VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum is 10.3 pounds in weight. This is a lightweight, easy-to-wear backpack vacuum that helps you to transfer the vacuum around with ease while staying comfortable.
You’ll need to attach a belt strap to yourself when wearing the Atrix VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Cleaner. Many of the various tools and accessories that you will need are stored on this belt loop. If you’re vacuuming things and have to use an accessory, simply take it out and mount it to the nozzle you’re using.
You have a lot of choices when it comes to the attachments that come with the Atrix VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum. There’s a crevice nozzle, a furniture nozzle, three different blower nozzles, several different brushes, and a number of other gadgets and equipment to make vacuuming simple and effective.
The Atrix VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum is an excellent choice if you want a fantastic backpack vacuum that allows you to vacuum the way you want!
- Power Voltage: 120V
- Watts: 1,400 Watts
- CFM: 106 CFM
- Hose Diameter (Inside): 1.13
- Hose Diameter (Outside): 1.38
- Product Weight: 18.95 lbs
- Product Dimensions: 19.75 × 13 × 14.75 in
- Pretty lightweight for a backpack vacuum
- Can be converted into a blower
- Extremely powerful suction
- The shape is pretty ergonomic
- It comes with an accessory storage
- It includes a telescopic wand that allows users to access all of the nooks and crannies.
- Since the cord is only around 2 feet long, an extension cord would be needed at times.
Where to buy Atrix Ergo HEPA Backpack Vacuum
#7 Bissell CleanView Rewind Pet Deluxe Upright Vacuum
Changes are happening as new models of vacuum cleaners enter the market at a growing rate. Upright vacuum cleaners are declining in size, and manufacturers are searching for ways to tweak and modify upright vacuum cleaners to make them better at some tasks.
Bissell CleanView Rewind Pet Deluxe Upright Vacuum Cleaner is a wonderful upright vacuum cleaner that is a brilliant example of the upright vacuum cleaner industry’s transformation.
Brush Roll with Triple Action
The cleaner head is situated at the bottom of the Bissell CleanView Rewind Pet Deluxe Upright Vacuum Cleaner. Bissell designed the Triple Action Brush Roll for their newest upright vacuums, which is housed inside this cleaner head.
This is an outstanding brush roll because it offers a large amount of brushing power while still allowing you to perform three essential tasks.
Unfortunately, there are several brush rolls, such as this one, that scatter dirt, dust, and debris in the vacuum. Bissell, on the other hand, was aware of this and crafted this brush roll with Scatter Free Technology.
Portable and Versatile
The Bissell CleanView Rewind Pet Deluxe Upright Vacuum Cleaner has two of the best features: portability and versatility. Many upright vacuum cleaners are very large, weighing in at thirty pounds or more.
The Bissell CleanView Rewind Pet Deluxe Upright Vacuum Cleaner, on the other hand, weighs just under twenty pounds. It’s also very quick to shift the vacuum around thanks to the design’s functionality.
- Power Rating: 8 Amps
- Cleaning Path Width: 13.5 inches
- Cleaning System: Multi-Cyclonic
- Power Rating: 8 Amps
- Power Source: Corded
- Air Flow Indicator: Yes
- Brush System: Triple Action
- Power Cord Length: 27 feet
- Automatic Cord Rewind: Yes
- Hose Length: 8 feet
- Surface Recommendation: Hard Floor
- Item Dimensions: 13 L x 14 W x 46 H inches
- The Triple Action Brush Roll removes trapped dirt and pet hair from a variety of surfaces by loosening, raising, and extracting it.
- On hard floors, Scatter-Free Technology eliminates scatter.
- You’ll never have to wrap the 27′ power cord again because its automatic cord rewind feature wraps it for you.
- Edge-to-edge cleaning guarantees a thorough clean that stretches all the way to the room’s edge.
- The Simple Empty Dirt Tank has a large capacity and can be emptied with the click of a button.
- With on-board storage, advanced pet tools can be kept close by when cleaning.
- Some users report that the vacuum isn’t balanced well and easily falls over.
Where to buy Bissell CleanView Rewind Pet Deluxe Upright Vacuum
#8 EUREKA NEU522 FloorRover Dash HEPA Vacuum
Choose the Eureka NEU522 pet vacuum cleaner to make cleaning your home a breeze. This cleaning appliance is effective and user-friendly, as it is designed to identify floor type and make appropriate height adjustments. It’s all for your good. It includes a turbo brush for pets, a multi-angle adapter, crevice tool, and a dusting brush. It offers incredible features that every household will surely love.
Multi-Cyclonic Filtration System
Eureka’s multi-stage cyclone filtration device distinguishes between small and large particles, trapping dust and preventing suction loss. The HEPA filter captures 99.7% of dust and soil, reducing allergens and ensuring clean air.
Smooth Easy-Glide Wheels
Large Easy Glide Wheel uses advanced Big Wheel technologies to improve smooth travel on all flooring styles, including deep carpet, with every push and pull.
Dust Cup can be Quickly Emptied with One Click
The one-click dust cup release makes vacuuming a breeze from start to finish, allowing you to dump all dirt and debris directly into the trash can without having to have your fingers dirty.
- Dust Collection: Bagless
- Nozzle Features: Swivel steering
- Applicable Surfaces: Tiles, Hard floor, Carpet
- Attachments: Multi-angle adapter, Brush tool, Crevice tool, Pet turbo tool
- Dirty Storage Capacity: 0.26 gal.
- Hose Length: 10 feet
- Capacity: 1 liter(s)
- Filter Type: HEPA
- Filtration Percentage: 99.97 %
- Power Cord Length: 30 feet
- Amperage: 8 Amps
- Physical Specs
- Weight: 14.5lbs.
- Width: 12.36 inches
- Height: 42.94 inches
- Intake Width: 12.3
- Warranty: 5 years (limited)
- No loss of suction
- Easy to maneuver
- Detachable handle
- Great for pet hair cleaning
- Some users find it a little bit heavy
Where to buy EUREKA NEU522 FloorRover Dash HEPA Vacuum
Quick Buyer’s Guide
Dust mites, pet dander, pollen, and other irritants in your home can all be managed with a good HEPA vacuum cleaner. Not only can the right vacuum extract allergens and dirt from your home’s physical surfaces, but it can also enhance the consistency of your indoor air and make it more breathable.
When searching for a vacuum cleaner, keep the following points in mind:
If you have allergies, you’ll need a vacuum cleaner with an S-Class or HEPA filter that meets the strict HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) requirements in the United States, which require it to extract 99.97 percent of all particles 0.3 microns and larger.
In terms of filtration, S-Class and HEPA filters are almost similar, so either will work for allergies and asthma.
A HEPA filter can greatly improve the air quality created by your vacuum, but this is only as good as the device that surrounds it.
Bagged vacuum cleaners are usually a safer option for those with allergies or asthma when it comes to dust disposal after vacuuming because the dust is contained in a sealable container. Bagged vacuum cleaners, on the other hand, will lose suction strength as the bag fills up, so keep an eye on the dust bag change indicator if you have one.
To Sum Things Up
Now you already know which HEPA vacuum cleaners are best for you and your house. If you need to eliminate dust from your carpets or are simply searching for the best HEPA vacuum for allergies that clean carpets and floors, the vacuum cleaners on this list will surely boost air quality significantly.