The Black Decker LHT2436 hedge trimmer is probably one of the best models in its class you can find in the market today. This powerful tool can help you accomplish your heavy yard tasks without the hassle of a cord, or carrying a hefty hedge trimmer around. The Black Decker LHT2436 is battery-operated, but the engine is strong with blades long enough to deal with large hedges.
If you’re looking for a reliable machine to keep your yard looking nice and maintained, you need to know more about Black Decker LHT2436. It could be the hedge trimmer for your needs.
Summary of Features: Black Decker LHT2436 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- 24-inch blades. The 24-inch blades are one of the highlights of this hedge trimmer. If you have a rowdy-looking yard with shrubs thick, and trees starting to grow, you will need a hedge trimmer with a good blade length. The Black Decker LHT2436 is equipped with blades that are not only long but are sharp, hardened, and do not rust easily.
- 40 V lithium-ion battery. The Black Decker LHT2436 maybe battery-operated, but it’s strong enough with its 40-volt lithium-ion cells. When getting a cordless, electric hedge trimmer, always check the voltage. The more powerful the batteries, the easier and faster you can finish your tasks.
- Dual-action cutting technology. With dual-action blades, you will experience 40% less vibration using this hedge trimmer. Cutting is also more efficient with this technology. It makes trimming faster and less strenuous for you.
- Wrap-around handle. The Black Decker LHT2436 is easy to use. One of the features, making the tool comfortable and convenient to manage, is its wrap-around handle. The handle provides an excellent grip regardless of how you hold the trimmer. The wrap-around handle also provides enough space for you to wear gloves while using the tool.
- Cuts through ¾ of an inch hedge. If you’re specifically looking for a trimmer that can deal with large hedges, the Black Decker LHT2436 is an excellent choice. It can cut through ¾ of inch-thick branches. It can easily trim-off chunky shrubs, too.
- Battery light indicator. For electric hedge trimmers, having a battery light indicator may seem like a simple innovation, but surely, it is a huge help. Good thing, the Black Decker LHT2436 is one of the few models equipped with a battery indicator. Not all electric hedge trimmers have it, which allows you to know if you need to have enough power for your yard task and when you need to recharge the tool.
- Fast-charging. The 40 V lithium-ion battery allows you to do work for 45 minutes straight, which is a decent amount of time for a yard task. When it comes to recharging, it will take less than an hour. It’s just sufficient time for a break if you’re going to do heavy chores for your yard.
Black Decker LHT2436 Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review
First, let’s talk about the design of Black Decker LHT2436. The black and orange color combination of this tool, let’s say, is usual among power tools. We can also say it’s a trademark of Black Decker for many of its brands, which is an excellent design choice. It’s easy to see, the color pops, and overall, aesthetically-appealing.
Comfort-wise, we’re also acknowledging that this model didn’t compromise comfort over design. The wrap-around handle is perfect, and it allows you to use the tool at any angle you like comfortably. The handle offers enough space for your hands regardless if you’re wearing gloves or not.
40V and cordless; sounds like a dream for a hedge trimmer, except this time, it’s reality. The Black Decker LHT2436 was able to pull off a powerful engine without the need for gas. With lithium-ion batteries, you can assure a long battery life. The tool also provides a decent run-time of about 45 minutes or more of continuous work. On a single battery charge, you can complete a yard work of approximately 6,000 square feet.
24-inch and dual-action blades of Black Decker LHT2436 is one of the best out there for large hedges. These blades can precisely cut through thick shrubs and tall branches. Because it’s dual-action, trimming produces 40% less vibration, meaning it’s comfortable to use. You won’t strain your hands and arms easily using the Black Decker LHT2436. It also provides 2400 strokes per minute, which is ideal for cutting dense shrubs without stalling.
Another noteworthy feature of Black Decker LHT2436 is the product’s patented PowerDrive Transmission. It allows you to trim twice the amount of work any standard hedge trimmer can provide. It’s also the feature that enables the tool to cut through ¾ of an inch-thick hedge.
An eco-friendly hedge trimmer like Black Decker LHT2436 is also the more preferred tool of many customers. Apart from avoiding the need to buy and pour gas to this tool, you also get to help the environment using a battery-operated hedge trimmer.
We knew a few flaws of the product when we almost thought that Black Decker LHT2436 is the perfect hedge trimmer in the market. A small number of customers complained about the tool’s durability. Some also experienced overheating using the hedge trimmer. If these are critical red-flags for you, you might want to opt for another model. If not, we think, the Black Decker LHT2436 is a reliable hedge trimmer for professional and home use.
Who Needs a Black Decker LHT2436 Cordless Hedge Trimmer?
Whether you’re a professional gardener, yard contractor, or a homeowner looking for a reliable hedge trimmer, the Black Decker LHT2436 is worth trying.
If you’re going to deal with thick shrubs, long branches, the Black Decker LHT2436 can help you with your task. With its 24-inch blades, this tool can be your weapon when dealing with calming down your unruly yard. It’s safe to use for cutting hedges that are about ¾ of an inch thick, and with the blades being dual-action, you will experience fewer vibrations.
If you hate using hedge trimmers with intense vibrations, the Black Decker LHT2436 is an excellent choice. The tool produces 40% fewer vibrations than standard hedge trimmers, meaning it will not easily strain your hands and arms.
For people who prefer environment-friendly products, the Black Decker LHT2436 is the hedge trimmer of choice. Because it’s battery-operated, it leaves 0 carbon footprint, leaving you guilt-free if you worry about hurting the environment.
Looking for a lightweight, cordless hedge trimmer, you can carry anywhere you go? Sounds like the Black Decker LHT2436 is the tool you want. This hedge trimmer is only 6.9 pounds, which is relatively light for this type of heavy-duty machine.
The chief complaint about battery-operated hedge trimmers is the length of time it can run continuously. With Black Decker LHT2436, it’s not a problem. With the product’s 40V lithium-ion battery, you can use the tool for about 45 minutes or more. Lithium-ion type of cells is also known to have long-lasting life, which means you won’t worry about replacing batteries frequently.
Ease of use is an essential factor to consider not only for hedge trimmers but also for other power tools. Black Decker considered this factor when they created LHT2436 and added features to assure the product is easy to use. With a wrap-around handle, the product is comfy to hold. The handles offer enough space for all hand sizes with or without gloves.
Black Decker LHT2436 Cordless Hedge Specs
- Weight: 6.9 pounds
- Blades: 24 inches, dual-action
- Batteries: 40 V lithium-ion
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Technology: Dual-Action, PowerDrive Transmission
- Battery light indicator
- Cuts through ¾ of an inch
Pros and Cons
- Long-lasting battery
- 24-Inch rust-free blades
- ¾ of an inch cutting ability
- 40% less vibration
- 40-volt lithium-ion batteries
- Durability issues
- Overheats in some cases
There are a lot of points to love about the Black Decker LHT2436 hedge trimmer. If you’re mainly looking for a cordless hedge trimmer that’s light and cuts through large hedges, this product can be an excellent option. It almost has everything you’re looking for a cordless hedge trimmer.
The blades are long enough to deal with thick shrubs, and tall branches that standard hedge trimmers often struggle to deal with. It’s also nice to find an eco-friendly product, leaving no carbon footprint. Because the tool is lightweight, it’s less intimidating to use if you’re not too familiar using hedge trimmers.
However, don’t let its weight fool you into thinking that this product can’t do heavy-duty work. The LHT2436 hedge trimmer boasts sharp, rust-free blades, and a strong engine, assuring you can do lots of tasks. This tool is undoubtedly an excellent product both for professional and home use.
However, just like many tools, the Black Decker LHT2436 is not perfect. You may find a few flaws like some durability issues or overheating. Although only a few customers complain about these points, it’s better to know all the red flags of a product before buying.
If these issues are deal-breakers, this hedge trimmer is not for you. You can always find other models that suit your needs without having to compromise quality.
Are you planning to get a Black Decker LHT2436 cordless hedge trimmer? Let us know in the comment section below. Let us know if we’ve provided valuable information about this product. If you want us to write about a particular home tool, share it as well! We’d love to hear from you!