Hoover Smartwash Pet Carpet Cleaner FH52000 Review
Dirt, dust, allergies, and other debris accumulate in the carpet over time and become lodged in the fibers, causing the fibers to break and disintegrate. Because dust and other debris are more likely to attach to a filthy carpet than a clean carpet, removing this built-up dirt and debris will help the carpet last longer.
The best carpet cleaning machines often utilize hot water extraction cleaning procedures to properly remove contaminants from deep within the fibers and sterilize the carpet. Vacuuming regularly can also assist reduce the build-up of particles in the carpet between cleanings.
Carpet Cleaning Benefits
The carpet receives the most direct traffic of all the furnishings in a home, contributing to dirt collection and general wear and strain. It’s critical to keep the carpet clean and well-maintained to ensure that it not only looks new but also lasts a long time.
Depending on the amount of foot traffic in your home, you should have your carpet professionally cleaned once or twice a year.
About Hoover SmartWash Pet Carpet Cleaner
The Hoover SmartWash+ FH52000 is a carpet cleaner that has made shampooing carpets much easier. It’s also one of the most powerful carpet cleaners available today. It’s Hoover’s newest model, with a number of innovative and beneficial features.
In this review, I’ll go over the features of the Hoover SmartWash, as well as its benefits and drawbacks, and why it’s such a useful device to have in your home. This could come in handy for those of you who are going on a last-minute holiday buying frenzy.
See Where Hoover SmartWash Pet Carpet Cleaner Ranks in our Best Carpet Cleaning Machines 2021 to Keep Your Floors Spotless
The effectiveness of a carpet cleaner is determined by how well it washes the surfaces it cleans. This necessitates a powerful motor with high suction, good cleaning liquid delivery, and a well-designed brush roll to dislodge the filth embedded in the carpet.
All of these characteristics are present in the SmartWash. It comes with a 10A motor that generates powerful suction for efficient debris and unclean water removal when cleaning carpets. It has an exceptional capacity to agitate dirt particles, with two brush rolls rotating in the same direction for improved dirt and debris removal.
Because the bristles are longer and placed helically, the machine can clean any type of carpet, including high-pile carpets.
For the best results, the manufacturer recommends vacuuming the carpet first before using the carpet cleaner. This is due to the fact that this equipment is intended to shampoo carpets rather than dry vacuum them.
It uses 1200 watts and connects to a typical American 120V outlet. The high wattage is required for the intense suction the machine needed to suck up the cleaning solutions from carpets among other purposes. Despite being inefficient in terms of power usage.
The power cord is 22 feet long and wraps around the rear of the machine.
The Hoover SmartWash doesn’t have a dust bin or even a bag because it doesn’t clean dry dirt or debris. Dirt is soaked in the water that is sprayed into the carpet instead. The contaminated water is then sucked into a tank, where material picked up along the suction path is filtered away.
The dirty water tank has a 1-gallon capacity. If you have to clean vast portions of carpeted floors, this may not be sufficient. The capacity is sufficient for shampooing average-sized carpets without interruption. The clean water tank can also contain 1 gallon of water, while the cleaning solution tank can hold 20 ounces of liquid.
Hoover SmartWash Pet Carpet Cleaner Filtration Efficiency
The Hoover’s tank has a filter that collects filthy water. The filter isn’t difficult to keep up with. It merely has to be wiped clean after the tank is washed before it can be used again. It can impact the unit’s suction if it becomes blocked, so keep it clear at all times.
The level of filtration of the Hoover SmartWash’s filter isn’t important because it doesn’t pick up dust. There is no risk of allergies like there is with traditional vacuum cleaners.
There aren’t many extras included with the carpet cleaner. You also get a 2-in-1 pet tool, an 8-foot hose, and a single bottle of cleaning solution in addition to the main unit.
A storage bag for the accessories and a user handbook are also included. Optional accessories for the Hoover SmartWash can be ordered to make it more flexible.
- A SpinScrub attachment for removing tough stains and spots from carpets.
- When shampooing carpets on stairs and other raised areas, a stair tool widens the cleaning route.
- A crevice tool is used to clean areas too small for the main nozzle to reach, such as around cushions and corners.
- Cleaning treatments for various types of carpets and residential circumstances are also available from the manufacturer.
Hoover SmartWash Pet Carpet Cleaner Special Features
Hoover sought to develop a carpet cleaner that would set itself apart from the competition. As a result, they added several unique features that you won’t find in other cleaners. They’re what make SmartWash one of the most specialized carpet cleaners on the market, as well as one of the most user-friendly.
When using this carpet cleaner, there is no need to measure anything. While cleaning, it automatically combines everything for you. If you’ve ever used a carpet cleaner, you know how difficult it is to accurately measure the liquids. It’s not uncommon to overuse one of them, whether it’s the cleaning solution or the water.
With the Hoover SmartWash, you don’t have any of these issues. All you have to do now is fill the two tanks with the necessary liquids and begin cleaning.
It simplifies things for you. It also means you’ll get the right cleaning solution, one that won’t leave you with a foamy or wet carpet that takes longer to dry.
It cleans the carpet automatically, alternately washing and drying it. The cleaning solution is sprayed onto the carpet while the brush roll rotates to agitate dirt and prepare it for pickup during the forward movement.
When the unit is pulled back, the work shifts to extracting water and drying the carpet. You don’t need to press any buttons to accomplish this. This cleaner is simple to operate because there are no triggers to press on the handle.
The Hoover SmartWash easily cleans carpets that are hidden beneath furniture. It is low enough to be maneuverable while yet being low. If you have a lot of furniture on your carpet, this makes it the cleaner option.
The cleaning solution, clean water, and filthy water all have their own tanks. You can expect particularly efficient cleaning because the clean and filthy water are not in the same container.
It enables you to clean your carpets to a high standard. It also implies that you won’t have to be concerned about making an unbalanced cleaning solution.
12 Inches Cleaning Width
This allows you to do carpet cleaning duties more quickly.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 43.5 x 13 x 18.9 inches
- Weight: 18.5 lbs.
- Tank Capacity: 1 Gallon
- Cable Cord Length: 22′
- Wattage: 1200 watts
- Number of Speeds: 1
- Cleaning Path Width: 12 in.
- Power Source: Electric
- Battery: No Battery Used
- Warranty: 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Effective carpet cleaning due to strong suction.
- It automatically combines the cleaning solution and relieves you of the worry of measuring liquids.
- It cleans itself, and there are no triggers to press.
- Cleaning tasks are made easier with a 12-inch wide cleaning path.
- Longer bristles on the dual brush roll allow for a deeper reach and better dirt agitation.
- It’s easier to use because there are fewer controls.
- Separate tanks improve cleaning results when compared to using a single tank for the cleaning solution.
- It is low enough to allow you to clean areas beneath furniture that are difficult to reach.
- Includes a long hose with increased reach.
- Because there is no manual detergent control, you won’t be able to adjust the amount to eliminate stubborn stains.
- The small clean water tank needs to be refilled every now and then
- The cleaning radius is limited by a short cord.
How to empty the tank
- Disconnect the cleaner from the outlet and turn it off.
- Pull up on the handle of the dirty water tank to discharge it. At an angle, remove the tank from the carpet cleaner base.
- To remove the top of the tank, place it on a level surface and unlatch the dirty water tank lid.
- Empty the tank, rinse it, clean the filter, and let it air dry.
How to clean and remove the nozzle
- Remove and empty the clean water tank, dirty water tank, and solution tank to avoid leaks.
- Lift up on the nozzle release while holding the handle upright, then pull the nozzle forward to remove it from the carpet cleaner. Be careful not to draw the nozzle straight up in the air.
- Rinse the debris out of the nozzle.
- Align the tabs at the top of the nozzle with the notches within the foot before placing them on the foot.
- To snap the nozzle into place, slide it forward.
How to change and clean brushes
- Remove the clean water tank, dirty water tank, and solution tank to avoid leaks.
- Follow the “Nozzle: how to remove and clean” instructions with the handle upright.
- To remove, grab side a and pull up. Carry on with the other brush.
- You can clean the brush under running water.
Final Verdict – Is it a Good Choice?
The Hoover Smartwash carpet cleaner is a wonderful alternative for pet owners who desire a fast-cleaning, easy-to-sterilize carpet cleaner. It’s ideal for removing sticky, gooey pet stains that necessitate a thorough cleaning of the carpet cleaner afterward. Its powerful suction and wet/dry settings enable you to clean as much as possible in the shortest amount of time.