Table of Contents
There are a lot of choices for robot vacuum mops out there. Getting the right product for your needs can be tricky, especially if you’re not sure what you’re looking for. It sure is easy to end up buying the wrong one. An easy hack when getting a robot cleaner is going for a model that can do many things, if not all – just like the iRobot Braava M6.
This high-technology robot vacuum and mop offers a ton of features and highlights. It can dry sweep and mop up to 1000 square feet per session. Furthermore, it’s probably one of the most advanced models today, giving you various options for setting up. It’s even equipped with a camera that you can access through your smartphone. Now, let’s dig deeper into what this iRobot model offers, and know its strengths and flaws.
Summary of Features: Braava iRobot M6
- Precision Jet Spray. The Braava iRobot M6 can tackle any tough and sticky dirt on your floor using its Precision Jet Spray. It can do spot-cleaning as well. Whether it’s shoe dirt, kitchen grease, or any grime spilt on the floor, this robot can clean it for you. Each model also comes with a solution that you can use for cleaning, leaving a long-lasting fresh scent.
- Alexa or Google Voice Assistant Compatible. The Braava iRobot M6 is also Alexa and Google Voice Assistant compatible. You can connect the robot to these gadgets and control it just by voice commands. You won’t need to touch anything to initiate the robot to clean.
- Keep Out Zones. You can set Keep Out Zones using the iRobot app. This means, you can control where the robot can go and not go. It’s especially useful if you have valuable, fragile furniture at home, as well as to prevent the robot from falling if it’s going to clean above floors.
- Patented iAdapt 3.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology. The navigation of Braava iRobot M6 is impressive. It can easily maneuver around homes, obstacles and furniture. It can also detect floor types such as hard floors or carpets. This way, it will not spray water on to floor types like carpets or rugs. With this technology, it can as well perform the right mode for cleaning depending on the type of surface.
- Imprint Smart Mapping. Using the Imprint Smart Mapping technology, the robot can map and adapt to your home’s floor spaces. You can even set when and which floors you want the robot to clean, as well as set no go zones for areas you want the robot cleaner to avoid.
- Imprint Link Technology. The Imprint Link Technology is another impressive innovation among iRobot models. The Braava iRobot M6 also has it, which allows the robot to work in sequence with some of the Roomba models. Meaning, the robots will work together in vacuuming and mopping your floor space.
Braava iRobot M6 Review
The Braava iRobot M6 is a one-of-a-kind robot vacuum mop. First, let’s look at the design. It’s a beaut 3.5 x 10.0 x 10.6 inch, compact white box, weighing less than 5 pounds. It’s not the slimmest model you can find in the market, but it’s light enough to be easily carried anywhere you go. There are buttons on its top for Clean, Home, and Spot Clean. The model also has a handle on its top panel, as well as the docking sensor and camera. We also like the aesthetic appeal of the light on the lid when it’s fully charged, and blinks while charging.
Setting up might need a bit of techy knowledge. Although it can work perfectly just by pushing the buttons, but if you want to schedule cleaning time and where, you will need to download the app. The application is actually intuitive. Accessing the app, you can look around the robot’s schedule, history, maps and other settings. You can also know the battery percentage of the robot by accessing the application. Using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, you can do voice commands for the robot to stop, clean, pause or go to the dock to recharge.
The Braava iRobot M6 is amazingly smart and convenient. Once you’ve set the mapping and cleaning schedules, you can then let the robot clean on its own. We can’t deny that the favorite part of this robot vacuum mop is the camera. It’s fun to play with it especially if you have a pet and you want to monitor what it’s doing. You can access the camera via the app wherever you are, which we think is amazing if you want to know what’s happening at home when you’re not there.
We’re also impressed with the navigation of Braava iRobot M6. Using the Patented iAdapt 3.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology, the robot can maneuver well, avoid obstacles as well detect floor types and walls. The Imprint Smart Mapping, on the other hand, allow accurate floor mapping of your home, which is especially useful for scheduling cleaning time, and setting up no-go zones.
Overall, though the Braava iRobot M6 is quite expensive, it’s safe to say that you will get more than what you paid for this high-tech robotic helper. You will get the most out of it if you like or you’re willing to learn the techy side of its set-up. Nonetheless, we think the Braava iRobot M6 is one of the best options for a robot vacuum mop in the market.
Who Needs a Braava iRobot M6
For large homes. The Braava iRobot M6 can clean up to 1000 square meters per session. This is relatively larger than many models in the market. That’s why the Braava iRobot M6 is a great choice for people living in big houses. We know how hard it can be to maintain a large home, but with this robot, you will get to save a lot of time and energy. Because of its advanced technology, you can set cleaning schedules just by using your phone, and leave everything to the robot. The Braava iRobot M6 also recharges on its own and goes back to the charging dock when it’s about to run out of power. Meaning, you will not have to monitor the robot if it needs a power boost in the middle of its chore.
For busy people. This robot is perfect for people who are always on the run. Keeping your home clean can take a lot of time, and for individuals who live a busy life, maintaining a home without any help is almost impossible. With Braava iRobot M6, you can just set up cleaning schedules one time, and with a press of a button, the robot does what it will do to keep your floors tidy even when you’re not at home.
For people who love high-tech devices. Our technology is rapidly changing, and many people are into it. If you’re a tech-geek and also a clean-freak, the Braava iRobot M6 is the product for you. You will surely enjoy setting up this baby, and savor the benefits of technology such as, keeping your home clean without a sweat.
For people living in a smart home. If you’re living in a smart home, the Braava iRobot M6 is probably the missing piece of the family. It’s compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Voice Assistant, which you probably have if you’re living in a smart home. You can easily control the robot using voice commands, and even schedule cleaning times.
For consumers who don’t mind the price. The Braava iRobot M6 is a bit pricier than many robot vacuum mops in the market. However, if you don’t mind the tag, you will surely get what you paid for the Braava iRobot M6. We can say, it’s a good investment, as it will help you save a lot of time and energy. Furthermore, it’s a durable device that can last a long time.
Braava iRobot M6 Specs
- Weight: 4.8 pounds
- 1 Year Warranty
- Alexa and Google Voice Assistant compatible
- Precision jet spray
- Wet mop and dry sweeping pads
- Automatically goes back to the charging dock
- Patented iAdapt 3.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology
- Imprint Smart Mapping
- Imprint Link Technology
Below are the Pros and Cons of Braava iRobot M6 Review
- Excellent navigation
- Automatic self recharge
- App integrated
- Alexa and Google Voice compatible
- Three mopping modes
- Smart mapping
- Can clean up to 1000 square meter per session
- A bit bulky
Do you think the iRobot Braava M6 is the one you’re looking for? This robot vacuum mop has a lot to offer – from smart navigation, accurate mapping, cleaning schedules, to having a precision jet spray, it can keep your home consistently clean. Although a bit expensive, it’s safe to say that you will get more than what you paid for the Braava iRobot M6.
There are many other factors to love about this robot vacuum and mop. The downside, however, is it’s quite an investment and it’s a bit bulky. It may struggle cleaning hard-to-reach places like the tight spaces under furniture. Other than that, we can’t find any other flaws about the Braava iRobot M6 Review. We hope we have provided valuable information in this post. If you liked what you read, please let us know in the comment section below. If you have other topics that you want us to write, let us know, too! We’d love to hear from you!