Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners for 2019
Corded vacuum cleaners are quickly becoming outdated. Cordless vacuums can now provide the same cleaning performance as corded ones thanks to improvements in battery technology and a variety of versatile accessories that are supplied to tackle difficult areas around your home.
The advantages of using a cordless vacuum cleaner to combat dirt and dust are:
- It can be strategically mounted in high traffic areas where it is needed the most so that you always have instant access.
- Cleaning with cordless vacuums saves you a lot of time because they are agile and free to go wherever you want.
- Cables are annoying and always get in the way and plug sockets are not usually within easy reach. You can eliminate this completely by using a cordless cleaner.
- You can clean your car’s interior without the hassle of plugging in an extension cable or looking for a nearby plug socket.
- Cordless vacuums are supplied with plenty of accessories and attachments to clean tight gaps, stairs, high-reaching areas, upholstery, furniture and different floor types.
Cordless vacuum cleaners are not created equally. Suction performance varies between manufacturers and battery running times are different, but it doesn’t mean that you need to buy the most expensive cordless to enjoy the convenience of cord-free cleaning. I’ve handpicked a selection of the best cordless machines currently available to save you the time and energy of finding the perfect one for your house cleaning requirements.
#1. Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
At the top of our list is the crème de la crème of cordless vacuums. The Dyson V10 is a remarkable cordless vacuum. It contains the smallest and most powerful motor ever made by Dyson. The motor has been redesigned using ceramic instead of steel to make it lightweight and it rotates at 125,000rpm to create the equivalent suction as a full-sized vacuum cleaner. Here are some of the benefits you can expect from the V10:
- It’s equipped with the strongest suction found on any cordless vacuum cleaner.
- Dyson produces some of the most agile and versatile vacuum cleaners for a total cleaning solution around the home. The clever power trigger ensures that battery power is only utilised whilst cleaning (to conserve energy).
- You will get up to 60 minutes of cleaning time with a non-motorized attachment.
- V10 is designed with the best filtration found on a cordless to trap dust and allergens floating around in the air.
- Quickly switch from stick to handheld to clean smaller areas and confined spaces.
- Enjoy the best and most powerful Torque drive cleaner head which is designed with stiff nylon bristles to target stubborn dirt buried deep within your carpets.
Soft Roller Cleaner Head
Carpet Cleaner Head
All Dyson cordless vacuums use a trigger power button which instantly brings the machine to life when pressed and immediately cuts off the power when you let go. The button needs to be pressed and held to keep the vacuum running. I wasn’t too sure about this mechanism as I was worried that my fingers would get fatigued but that never happened. The button is very light and easy to push, I actually like this design because it conserves battery power thus extending the life of the machine.
Product Rating 8.5/10
#2. Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Yes, another Dyson. What can I say, these guys are at the top of their game with cordless vacuum technology. The Dyson V7 Animal is cheaper than the V10 but delivers most of the same great features and high cleaning performance. It comes with 75% more brushing power than its predecessor the V6 and is designed to tackle all types of flooring.
It is supplied with a direct drive cleaner head with efficient bristles that agitate and remove stubborn dirt from carpets. Similar to the V10 you can switch between stick and handheld within a matter of seconds. This is incredibly handy whenever you need to clean upholstery, furniture, lamp shades, drapes and so on.
Here are some of the functions you’ll find useful:
- This machine is conveniently small, ergonomic and provides more suction power than previous versions.
- You will get up to half an hour of cleaning time with a non-motorised attachment.
- The push trigger system ensures that battery power is used efficiently and activated only whilst cleaning.
- The direct drive cleaner head allows you to deep clean your carpets regularly and targets ground-in dirt.
- The clever bin emptying systems ensures that you never get into contact with dirt during disposal.
- This Dyson V7 is a king at vacuuming carpets and hard flooring thanks to the powerful digital motor.
The Dyson V7 is a happy medium between price and performance. It has 75% more suction power than the V6 but is a lot cheaper than the V10. In my opinion, I think this is the best priced cordless Dyson for the value of features on offer.
The first thing you’ll notice about V7 is the convenience and the speed at which you can clean. There is something about having immediate access to a vacuum for frequent quick cleanups rather than letting dirt pile up, lugging out your full-sized vacuum and looking for a nearby plug socket.
Running times vary depending on the selected setting. The battery lasts for 30 minutes for handheld or 20 minutes when using a motorised tool. The machine will run for 6 minutes on the maximum mode. Dyson supplies a generous amount of versatile attachments to help with cleaning tight gaps, high-reaching areas and dusting delicate surfaces.
The Dyson V7 is a great all rounder for all floor types in particular hard flooring. Steering the machine around the house is a dream and the novelty of cordless convenience will not wear off anytime soon. If you’re looking for a reliable ergonomic cordless vacuum, designed to provide powerful cleaning, then you should consider the V7.
Product Rating 8.3/10
#3. Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum IF251
I’ve always been fond of Shark vacuums and was thrilled to discover that the brand is now producing cordless vacuum cleaners. With the Shark IONFlex you get all the benefits of reliable performance with cordless convenience but the real winner here is the DuoClean system which utilizes 2 detachable, rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that give you the flexibility of vacuuming with one battery whilst the other is charging. This dual power pack system ensures that you never run out of power.
Shark IONFlex provides the following features:
- 2 lithium-ion battery system (Charge one – use one) so that you never run out of battery power.
- Vacuum underneath furniture and hard to reach areas with the help of the MultiFLEX system.
- The DuoClean system includes a bristle brush for deep cleaning and a softer brush roll to catch bigger dirt particles.
- You can quickly change to handheld mode to clean ceilings, window frames, furniture, car interiors and any other areas above the floor.
Shark IONFlex addresses the issue of power running out partway through vacuuming by introducing a clever power pack that includes 2 batteries. You can charge both batteries at the same time and once fully charged the charger automatically shuts off. It’s recommended that you keep the batteries in the charger when they’re not being used so that there’s always 100% battery power at the start of each vacuum.
The batteries run for 13 minutes each on the maximum setting and you’ll also need to factor in a 30-minute cooling off period before they can be charged. You can still place the batteries in the charger whilst they’re cooling down and it will begin charging them when they’ve cooled down. Battery charging time is 3 hours 30 minutes (+ 30 minutes battery cooling down). The batteries can run for 21 minutes each on the lower suction power setting, which would give you enough time to clean the whole house.
Overall, Shark IONFlex is a convenient cordless vacuum with the equivalent reliability as its corded counterparts. The machine is lightweight and easy to manoeuvre between rooms. The DuoClean system ensures that you can deep clean your carpets and hard floors with little effort. Simply turn the handle slightly to steer the cleaner head wherever you need it to go. The speed at which you can clean with the Shark IONFlex will shave off hours from regular cleaning tasks.
Product Rating 8/10
#4. Deik 2 in 1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Fourth on our list is the Deik 2-in-1 cordless cleaner with a suction performance that rivals corded vacuums. It has one of the strongest dirt lifting power and costs considerably less than premium cordless vacuums with similar features. The Deik cleaner is a versatile machine that can be used as an upright vacuum or quickly transformed in a nifty handheld.
Here are some of the great functions you can enjoy with the Deik 2-in-1 vacuum:
- Switch between upright and handheld but without the stress of cables getting in the way. The Deik vacuum delivers an incredible 7Kpa of suction power to give impressive cleaning results.
- I like the versatility of the Deik cleaner and the ease of access to confined spaces.
- You can use Deik 2-in-1 on any type of floor. You can quickly adjust the settings to transition between carpet and hard floors.
- Deik 2-in-1 is lightweight and agile, it weighs a mere 4.7 Ibs and makes the tasks of cleaning high reaching areas much easier. You will not experience any type of strain to your arms, hands or wrists.
- The space-saving design includes a wall-mounted cradle to dock the machine conveniently so that it’s out of the way.
- Dispose of dirt in a few seconds with one click to empty the dustbin.
The Deik 2-in-1 cordless vacuum offers a high level of performance at an affordable price point to suit most household budgets. The primary unit delivers a sufficient amount of suction power to clean any type of surface including carpets, rugs, tiles, laminate and wooden floors.
Some users have reported that the battery can last up to 1 hour 30 minutes depending on the chosen setting. The unit is very light even when it is configured to the upright mode. You will not struggle moving it around the house or to use it on stairs. It can be detached quickly to the handheld configuration to clean confined spaces and is particularly useful when cleaning car interiors.
If you want a reliable affordable cordless handheld that can be transformed in an upright then I’d highly recommend the Deik 2-in-1 for its consistent performance and ease of use. It operates at a lower noise level than full-sized vacuums yet it cleans just as good. It is cheap to maintain and comes with a spare filter that is easy to replace. Keep your home clean in a fraction of the time with the convenience of cordless cleaning. Deik scores top marks for its low cost and high quality.
Product Rating 8/10
#5. Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Lightweight Handheld Vacuum
Sourcing a reliable cordless vacuum can be challenging. If you buy one that’s too cheap it might be more trouble than its worth, and some of the vacuums with a high price tag don’t always live up to their claims. The Tineco A10 Hero is a standout cordless vacuum that hits the sweet spot between performance and value.
The Tineco cordless stick has been designed around a lightweight body and is a pleasure to use around the house. Although this brand is not well-known, compared to Dyson, it’s surprisingly efficient and it packs a lot of suction power for a portable machine.
Tineco A10 Hero is supplied with two batteries so that you can carry on cleaning whenever you run out of juice. You also get 3 different cleaning heads for various tasks. The multi-floor tool is best used on carpets and rugs, a hard floor tool for laminate, tiled and wooden flooring and a stair tool. Each of the cleaning heads is cleverly fitted with 5 small LED lights that help guide you across the floor and spot dirt much easier.
The Tineco A10 Hero operates very quietly and will not startle dogs or cats. If your budget can’t stretch to buy a cordless Dyson I would recommend the Tineco, it has an amazing amount of suction power to deliver a thorough clean in a very small amount of time. You can tackle any type of floor and transform him from stick to handheld to clean everything else above floor level. Similar to the Dyson cordless range the Tineco A10 features a “Max” mode setting that ramps up suction power to target stubborn dirt.
Tineco has taken the trigger button idea and made it better. You can keep your finger on the power button and release it when vacuuming is complete or not required (this will help to conserve battery), or you can flip the tiny switch to keep the power constantly on if your finger gets tired. Dyson could learn from this.
Tineco A10 Hero is a cordless vacuum that addresses common housecleaning issues. Here are some of the features on offer:
- Enjoy Powerful suction at a low noise level thanks to the 350W Digital Motor. It is 4 times more powerful than rivalling standard DC motor cord-free vacuums.
- The Tineco vacuum weighs a meagre 2.87lbs and is easy to manoeuvre around the house without causing strain.
- A removable battery that can be replaced or upgraded to keep your cordless vacuum working at its best.
- Tineco A10 Hero is equipped with a complete 4-stage filtration system that catches and traps dust and expels clean air that is free from allergens.
- The trigger button can be locked to provide continuous power and pretend finger fatigue.
- A robust multitasking LED power brush is supplied for deeper cleaning.
- The mini power brush helps to deliver consistent cleaning in smaller areas.
- A handy docking station is provided to store the vacuum and its accessories.
Product Rating 7.9/10
#6. PUPPYOO 536 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The Puppyoo 536 is a convenient user-friendly cordless vacuum that is priced very competitively. Puppyoo has been around since 1999 and is known to be a reliable producer of professional vacuum cleaners. Cordless vacuums help to get the cleaning done quicker than corded machines and the Puppyoo cleaner does just that. The machine is lightweight, easy to handle and it excels at cleaning small spaces such as stairs.
The 536 vacuum is supplied with 3 different cleaning heads to target multiple floor types and lift dirt from large or small areas with exceptional ease. The flexible head swivels around corners with precision whilst sucking up dirt and dust in its path. The cordless 2-in-1 design gives you the ultimate cleaning convenience, you can seamlessly switch from stick to handheld in an instant.
A wall mount is supplied for easy storage and access. I would recommend strategically placing the wall mount close to the areas that require frequent cleaning such as the kitchen or near the living room. By doing this, you can clean mess immediately as it occurs rather than waiting for the dirt to gather and cleaning at the weekends.
What features does Puppyoo 536 provide?
- A 2-in-1 vacuum that seamlessly switches from stick to handheld.
- 3 different cleaning heads to tailor your cleaning experience- you can use the 536 to vacuum hard flooring, carpets, rugs, car interiors, drapes, furniture, upholstery, stairs and many areas of your home.
- The machine is surprisingly lighter than it looks. It weighs just 5.5 Ibs and is easy to work with.
- The space-saving wall mount ensures that the vacuum is always within easy reach.
- It comes with 2 power settings- Standard mode for everyday chores such as cleaning up animal hair, dust, dirt. A high power mode for vacuuming tougher areas where dirt is ingrained deep down your carpets.
- The Puppyoo 536 operates for 35 minutes on the standard mode or 22 minutes on high power mode and it has a charging time between 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- You can expect 120W of incredible suction power
Puppyoo 536 is a great addition to any household. It strikes the balance between affordability and speedy efficient cleaning. This portable cordless is the perfect solution whenever you’ve got a situation where your full-sized vacuum is too cumbersome to bring out just to clean small messes. With Puppyoo 536 you can clean little and often. Switching between different tools is quick, easy and cleverly done.
Product Rating 7.9/10
#7. Roomie Tec Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 2 in 1 Handheld Vacuum
Last on our list is the Roomie Tec Cordless Vacuum which is extremely handy for daily cleaning around the entire house and car interiors. Roomie maintains fade-free suction power throughout the cleaning session, unlike rival vacuums that tend to lose suction as the battery power gets low. An extension tool is provided, to assist with vacuuming tight gaps, corners and confined spaces.
Roomie Tec excels at carpet cleaning and it maintains strong suction power even when switched to ECO mode. Why not try it out on your thick rugs and carpets to see how much dirt it will collect? I think you’ll be surprised with Roomie’s dirt lifting capabilities. The battery power is sufficient to clean a medium sized 3 bedroomed house on a single charge and when you’re finished cleaning simply slot him into the charging base where he can be stored and charged automatically.
Roomie Tec offers the following great functionalities:
- Roomie Tec is a versatile cordless that can change from stick to handheld depending on the task at hand. You can do this at the touch of a button and ensure that all areas of the home are cleaned to a consistent standard.
- Great suction power is made possible by the combination of two powerful motors that work together to suck up dirt and dust effectively from any type of floor.
- A fully charged battery will power Roomie for up to 23 minutes of non-stop cleaning using the high-grade 2200mAh Lithium battery.
- Clever LED lights ensure that you can spot dirt easier in dark areas underneath furniture and hidden corners.
- You can extend the battery running time by using ECO mode for daily clean ups.
- Whenever you need that extra punch of power, simply switch to Turbo mode to tackle difficult areas like thick carpets, rugs and pet hairs.
Product Rating 7.9/10
That concludes our shortlist of the best cordless vacuums for 2019. Let’s face it, none of us really enjoy vacuuming floors and most of us will put this off for as long as possible. Investing in a cordless vacuum makes the cleaning experience convenient and quick so that you can spend more time doing the things that you enjoy most.
Our list includes cordless vacuums to suit all budgets but it never compromises on quality, performance or reliability. The market is flooded with inferior vacuums with big claims but little delivery. Stick to our recommendations to avoid long-term hassles.
Are you considering buying one of the cordless vacuums from our list or do you already own one? Please leave your comments in the section below. I’d love to hear from you.
Our List of the Best Domestic Appliances
- The Best Home Steam Cleaners for 2019
- Best Affordable Robot Vacuums for 2019
- Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner for 2019
- Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair in 2019
- Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners in 2019
- Best Cordless Vacuums Cleaners in 2019
- The Best Robot Mops for Kitchens, Bathrooms & Hardfloors
- Best Handheld Vacuums
- Best Robot Vacs
- Best Upright Vacuums
- Best Canister Vacuums