Table of Contents
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and to bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most cases I receive referral commissions. Eventually, I may earn enough to buy a beer or two 🙂
In recent times we’ve seen the backpack vacuum surge in popularity. Why is this? To begin with, these units are much more convenient to use, they provide the ultimate flexibility and the majority are equipped with HEPA filtration to catch pollen, dust and allergens whilst vacuuming.
The biggest benefit of backpack cleaners is the freedom they offer to reach confined spaces which other models would struggle to get into. Modern motor improvements have resulted in greater suction power whilst reducing the overall machine noise.
In this post, I’ve summarised the most important features to look out for and other factors you should know before you buy a backpack vacuum cleaner. I’ve also reviewed the best high-performance backpack units you can get right now.
So without further delay here is our shortlist-
1. ProTeam Super CoachVac Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
At the top of our list is the ProTeam Super CoachVac which is an industrial backpack vacuum cleaner equipped with a great range of tools to improve cleaning performance. With this unit, you’ll breeze through cleaning floors, furnishings, drapes and upholstery.
It’s adaptable and provides the independence to move across different areas flawlessly. The machine excels at vacuuming multiple floor types including carpets, laminate, hardwood and tiles. High-reaching areas and stairs are more accessible and you are provided with a belt to keep attachments close by at all times during cleaning.
The ProTeam cleaner handles better than an upright unit and makes awkward areas, such as underneath furniture and tables, more accessible. It comes with accessories to assist with vacuuming furnishings minus the shifting. Chandeliers and ceiling fans are much easier to clean with the Super Coach backpack vacuum.
Upright vacuums are restrictive and often too cumbersome to clean efficiently. Thankfully the ProTeam vacuum addresses these issues by providing tangle-free cable management and as a result, you can move more freely to get in
ProTeam are passionate about improving the quality of air circulating indoors and encouraging lung health. They are so passionate about this issue that they are an ambassador of the American Lung Association and have contributed to initiatives to teach consumers about its importance.
The Super CoachVac is one of the most powerful backpack vacuums available right now. It delivers immaculate results for both domestic and commercial cleaning.
It’s well suited for clearing dirt from vast spaces such as office floors and warehouses. This machine lives up to the best performance standards and is flexible to clean virtually any type of space and is lightweight to carry on your back for long periods.
The ProTeam backpack vacuum is extremely comfortable to use and it provides heaps of suction power where it’s needed, which is why I recommend it. This compact backpack vacuum has been given the highest rank on our list.
- Long power cable measuring 50-ft which means you can clean larger spaces.
- HEPA filtration comes as standard.
- A clever cord management system to prevent tangled cords
- A decent range of accessories such as a crevice tool, dusting brush, floor cleaning head, upholstery attachment.
- A costly investment but this is because it’s designed for commercial use as well.
Where Can I Buy the ProTeam Super CoachVac – Backpack Vacuum?
Powr-Flite BP10S Comfort Pro Backpack Vacuum
The Comfort Pro backpack vacuum is so comfortable and lightweight that it can be used for hours on end without causing any type of strain to your back or knees. The cleaning results need to be seen to be truly appreciated.
This compact backpack is designed to deliver supreme vacuuming despite the task. To help with this, you are provided with the best attachments to reach every corner of the room. There is a choice of an upholstery tool, dusting tool, crevice tool, a multi-floor cleaning head for hard floor and carpets, a flexible wand and a heavy-duty hose.
The above accessories can be tucked into the waist belt for quick access during cleaning. The filtration system uses a 5 tiered approach- in addition to the HEPA filter, the machine is equipped with an exhaust filter, SMS shake-out bag and a pre and post-motor filter. The Comfort Pro backpack vacuum was awarded the gold standard by the Carpet and Rug Institute owing to its remarkable cleaning abilities.
Overall, Powr-Flite Comfort Pro has the advantage of HEPA filters and the most ergonomic user-experience, therefore, it can be used for extended periods without experiencing fatigue.
- Quieter motor noise than the competition.
- HEPA filters for the best air quality.
- Comfortable to use and vacuum for long periods.
- Pricier than some of the alternatives but remember that this is a commercial grade backpack vacuum.
Where Can I Buy the
Powr-Flite BP10S Comfort Pro Backpack Vacuum?
3. Atrix VACBP1 Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
The Atrix VACBP1 is a low-cost backpack vacuum that produces an exceptional amount of suction power and premium filtration. It fits on your back snuggly with a comfortable weight of just 10 pounds. The unit is portable and weighs very little and as a result, is a doddle to negotiate around rooms.
The high-quality HEPA filters are well placed to handle the dustiest areas and can cope with large areas such as canteens, offices, warehouses, schools, mansions and hospitals. For added convenience the Atrix cleaner can be changed from vacuum to blower, therefore, can be used to blow away leaves from the porch.
The Atrix VACBP1 is an economical backpack vacuum that doesn’t compromise on features or performance. It’s equipped with a powerful 12 amp motor and comes with 4 stage filtration. This is a perfect solution for anyone on a tight budget but wants to enjoy the benefits of a high-quality backpack vacuum.
- 4 stage filtration and a HEPA filter are a welcome addition.
- More cost-effective than alternatives backpack vacuums.
- Snug fit, therefore, can be used all-day if required.
- Not as powerful as some of our other recommendations but then again, it’s competitively priced.
Where Can I Buy the Atrix VACBP1 Backpack Vacuum?
4. Bissell BG1001 BigGreen backpack vacuum
It’s worth considering the Bissell BG1001 BigGreen backpack vacuum if you’re searching for a robust commercial cleaner. The design includes a waist belt and shoulder strap that can be adjusted to the perfect fit and as a result, this unit provides an improved level of cleaning freedom.
The integrated smart sensor safeguards the motor from overheating once it reaches maximum dirt capacity. It comes with a high-reaching wand that attaches to the unit to clean chandeliers, overhead fans and cobwebs from ceilings. The controls are well placed to activate the machine and turn it off without removing it from your back.
The lid can be quickly removed for easier dirt disposal and there is a lengthy power cable to conveniently clean vast spaces without worrying about constantly changing plug sockets. The accessories provided are plentiful to help clean every nook and cranny with little fuss. The Bissell backpack vacuum provides industrial level suction power at a lower cost than its counterparts.
- Lengthy power cable for easier reach.
- Easy to move around as a result of its light weight.
- Suction is not as powerful as some of the alternative backpack vacuums.
Where Can I Buy the Bissell BG1001 BigGreen
5. Dustless Technologies Backpack Vacuum
If you’re searching for a machine that can be used for domestic and commercial cleaning then the Dustless Technologies HEPA backpack vacuum is the perfect unit for the job. It’s flexible to use around the house, on work sites, offices and other commercial locations.
The HEPA filtration is so robust that it can extract harmful silica dust from lead paint. The filters efficiently trap allergens and pollutants floating in the air. This unit also includes adhesive sealing bags and as a result, provide the safest and most hygienic dirt disposal.
Another smart feature is the additional HEPA filter that is placed directly onto the floor cleaning tool to provide an extra layer of filtration and capturing of germs and bacteria from carpets and rugs.
HEPA filtration is also included in the dirt bag, therefore, it traps particles as small as .3 microns.
- Suitable for vacuuming silica dust from lead paint.
- Extra layers of HEPA filters are included in the floor cleaning tool.
- Suitable for domestic and commercial cleaning.
- For smaller people, the vacuum holster might not be tight enough to keep the vacuum snug.
Where Can I buy the Dustless Technologies Backpack Vacuum?
6. GV 8QT Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
The next machine on the list is the GV 8QT backpack vacuum which can satisfy the demands of household cleaning. Amongst the various attachments supplied, you will find a
Additional accessories include a handy crevice tool, dusting brush and a multi-surface floor cleaning tool. Wait there’s more! You’ll also find a small and large turbo tool for that all-important deep cleaning of carpets. I won’t stop there- if you attach the hose to the exhaust port, the unit transforms into a blower.
The GV 8QT is fitted with a 4-stage filter system that incorporates HEPA filtration, which also extends to the sealed dirtbags. The straps fit snugly around the waist and chest to provide a comfortable cleaning experience. The GV backpack vacuum is a suitable choice for household use owing to its portability, a great arsenal of tools (including turbo tools) and ergonomic design.
- In addition to vacuuming, you can use the GV 8QT as a blower.
- It’s lightweight and comfortable to use for long periods.
- Generous supply of accessories.
- The power cable could be a bit longer.
Where Can I buy the GV 8QT Backpack Vacuum?
7. Hoover 6Q HushTone Vacuum with Hexaguard Technology
The Hoover CH34006 6Q HushTone is one of the most compact commercial back vacuum cleaners available right now. It provides a supreme level of movement freedom in commercial applications. The harness is chiropractic designed to provide a supreme level of comfort especially when working for long hours.
The HEPA filters are fortified by an additional layer dubbed Hexaguard Technology which takes advantage of activated carbon to refine indoor air quality.
The self-sealing dirtbags ensure that dirt disposal is quick and hygienic. Inside the machine is an enhanced 2-speed motor with a hush feature that lowers the machine noise during regular cleaning. When more power is required, simply switch to the boost mode for extra performance.
The hush feature is handy when you need to clean areas where employees might still be working and require minimal disturbances. On top of commercial cleaning, the Hoover backpack vacuum can be used for domestic cleaning but it’s not as light as other machines on our list.
- HEPA filters are enhanced with proprietary Hexaguard Technology
- Switch between high-performance and quiet mode.
- The Chiropractic designed harness improves comfort and the range of motion.
- Not as light as some of the alternative vacuums on our list.
Where Can I buy The Hoover Commercial HushTone Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
8. Prolux 2.0 Cordless and Bagless Backpack Vacuum
If you want to enjoy pure cleaning freedom then you should consider a cordless backpack vacuum. There are various models on offer but the unit at the forefront is the Prolux 2.0. This clever machine is engineered to make the most out of battery technology and gives you heaps of suction power with the best possible freedom of movement.
What does the Prolux 2.0 offer and is it worth buying a cordless backpack vacuum?
The Prolux 2.0 backpack vacuum has been streamlined for the best possible cleaning experience. It is surprisingly lighter than it looks, you shouldn’t have any issues hoisting it on your back. The suction power is impressive for a battery powered vacuum and virtually matches that of a corded unit. You can squeeze about 35 minutes of cleaning time from a single charge and when it runs out simply change it with a fully charged battery.
You’ll be glad to know that it uses enhanced cyclone technology that ramps up efficiency upwards of 40%. You wouldn’t expect this much power from a machine that weighs
The Prolux 2.0 is a joy to operate and manoeuvre once fastened to your back. It gets through tasks quicker and emptying the bagless canister, once full, is just as quick and easy to do.
Overall, this machine is reliable and built to a high standard and I’m quite confident that you’ll be just as impressed the moment you try it out for the first time.
The vacuum is made from high-quality plastics, polymers, and market-leading components that rival premium backpack vacuums which cost
The strong cyclone power is made possible by a 500 W DC motor that is powered by a high-rated lithium-ion battery and careful consideration has been put into maintaining a lightweight machine without compromising suction power.
The HEPA filters are washable, therefore, reducing replacement costs. The machine comes with 2 rechargeable batteries so that you always have available power when one battery runs out simply place it on the charger and swap it for another.
Prolux 2.0 Verdict
When taking into account that this is a battery powered backpack vacuum, we need to have realistic expectations that the power isn’t going to quite live up to larger corded machines, but it’s not far behind at all. The Prolux 2.0 doesn’t disappoint in this area.
Overall, this is an ideal solution for anyone that wants a powerful cordless vacuum but doesn’t want to pull around a cumbersome machine between rooms and up and down stairs. It’s easy to see why the Prolux 2.0 is a popular device as a result of its compactness and battery convenience.
If you want all the benefits and freedom that a backpack vacuum provides but would rather not fiddle with cables then the Prolux 2.0 is one of the best battery powered backpack vacuums you can get your hands on right now.
- This machine is extremely lightweight and compact
- Cord-free vacuums speed up cleaning times.
- Cyclone power is included for strong suction.
- HEPA filter traps over 99.9% of dust and allergens.
- The dirt bin could do with a slightly bigger capacity.
- Battery times are only 35 minutes but you are supplied with 2 interchangeable batteries.
Where Can I Buy the Prolux 2.0 Commercial Bagless Backpack Vacuum?
9. Hoover C2401 Commercial Lightweight Backpack Vacuum
The Hoover C2401 is reliable backpack vacuum that offers consistent performance for most (if not all) vacuuming requirements. You can use the machine for commercial or household cleaning and take advantage of the compact convenience and free movement it affords you.
From the onset, you’ll notice that the unit is constructed from superior heavy-duty materials whilst retaining a lightweight. The machine weighs just under 10 pounds and is pleasant to work with as soon as it’s secured to your back. You can use it for long periods without experiencing fatigue.
To go above and beyond, Hoover ensures that their backpack vacuums are vetted by chiropractors and the necessary adjustments are made for the most comfortable fit on your back.
I like the lower machine noise which is accredited to the unique cyclone technology inside the unit. All of this is done without compromising the cleaning power whilst allowing
Is the Hoover C2401 vacuum a good buy?
The biggest reason, by far, why the Hoover C2401 is worth purchasing is because it provides a portable solution that is incredibly user-friendly whilst producing enough power for commercial cleaning. In a nutshell, this is a great unit to use for both domestic and industrial use to clean areas such as office floors, workshops and supermarkets.
The machine employs HEPA filters to capture fine dust particles and makes sure that dirt cannot escape once drawn into the dirt tank. It comes with a set of attachments to tackle every inch of the room. These features coupled with chiropractic straps is the reason why the Hoover C2401 is highly favoured in the backpack vacuum market.
Hoover C2401 Verdict
There are numerous backpack vacuums that don’t meet the standard. The Hoover C2401 is a class above most models and it’s easy to see why. It combines high suction power with compatibility at an affordable cost. This vacuum cleaner outshines most of the competition and is ideal for difficult tasks that require an adaptable approach.
- HEPA filters are integrated to provide the best possible results.
- Lightweight is an understatement, this unit is like a feather on your back.
- The harness has been analysed by Chiropractors for an improved fit.
- Can be used for commercial and domestic cleaning.
- The dirt bin is smaller than rival units and requires frequent emptying.
Where Can I Buy The Hoover C2401 Commercial Lightweight Backpack Vacuum?
10. Sanitaire EURSC412B QuietClean Backpack Vacuum
The final back vacuum on our list is the Sanitaire EURSC412B and is one of the quietest to use. It has the benefits of a large capacity and a lengthy cable that widens the cleaning range without the issue of plug sockets.
The straps are cleverly designed to distribute the weight of the machine evenly, therefore, minimising strain to the back and knees if you intend to use it for long periods of time.
The Sanitaire EURSC412B is designed for commercial use but with the priority placed on low machine noise thus, giving you the convenience to use it in offices and busy areas without causing interruptions. The 5 amp motor produces enough power to use in places such as hospitals, hotels, schools and shop floors.
- It benefits from HEPA filtration.
- Lower machine noise than the majority of backpack vacuums.
- Big capacity which means less dirt disposal.
- The power cable is very thick and adds to the weight of the machine.
Where Can I Buy the Sanitaire QuietClean Backpack
That concludes our summary of the top 10 backpack vacuums available right now. If you’ve read up until this point then you should have a clearer picture of the type of unit to choose for your requirements. There is a lot on offer especially the convenience enjoyed from strapping a vacuum on your back instead of lugging one around. You’ll clean quicker and enjoy commercial standard results from most of our recommended vacuums.
Buyer’s Guide to find the Ideal Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
Are you looking to buy a backpack vacuum cleaner? There are some great benefits of choosing them over other types, however, They are certain features to look out for before purchasing one. Below, I’ll provide you with key information and hopefully guide you to a suitable backpack vacuum.
One of the most asked questions about a backpack vacuum cleaner is if it can be used for domestic cleaning?
Absolutely! You can use the portable versions to clean around the house without worrying whether it will take up too much storage space. Backpack vacuums are one of the most used appliances for commercial cleaning but we are starting to see them gaining traction for household usage.
These units provide a greater amount of movement freedom when cleaning different floor types especially in cramped rooms such as attics, galley kitchens or basements. The fact that most of the models are equipped with HEPA filtration is a huge bonus as it improves the air quality and eliminates dust.
You will find that the maintenance of these machines is minimal compared to alternative vacuum types. Backpack vacuums are generally lightweight and easy to carry around for extended periods, even the larger units tend to be fairly light. You can get into the smallest areas that other vacuums would struggle with or find impossible.
Reasons to buy a Backpack Vacuum
- As mentioned earlier, they are lighter in weight, therefore, easier to carry between rooms and different floors.
- This is the perfect solution for cleaning vast areas because the unit will either be equipped with a long cable or will be battery powered. The range of motion is greatly improved compared to using an upright or canister vacuum.
- Backpack vacuums are generally portable and are ideal for homes with limited storage.
- They are easier to handle because virtually the whole machine is on your back and all you need to control is the hose, wand and cleaning attachment.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Backpack Vacuum
- Backpack vacuums have the edge over other types of models because they give you the freedom to stand up straight instead of hunching your back, which tends to happen when using a canister or upright.
- They don’t get in the way or restrict body movements which
speedsup the time it takes to clean, in some cases, by 40%! You can reach awkward areas without hassles, therefore, achieving a better standard of cleaning.
- Most models are equipped with large capacities and as a result, will not require emptying as often as alternative vacuums.
- Battery powered backpack vacuums usually run for short periods i.e. 30-40 minutes but certain models come with an extra battery, therefore, one can be charging whilst the other is in use.
- Backpack vacuums are generally pricier than upright models but we are starting to see more brands come onto the market which should eventually drive the price down.
- Not all backpack vacuums are practical for household use.
Key Attributes of a Backpack Cleaner
We’ve already established that buying a backpack vacuum could cost you a fair amount which is why it’s important to know what you’re getting before parting with your cash. Personally, I think that these units are highly convenient as they often provide the choice between commercial or domestic use.
To wrap things up I’ve summarised a few key attributes of a backpack vacuum that will help you decide whether it’s the right fit for you.
- Machine weight: If you need a vacuum that helps you to cover more ground in less time without tiring you out, you should be mindful of the benefits that a lightweight backpack cleaner will offer you. The majority of models on our list measure 10 pounds or less, which is a meager weight to carry on your back.
- How long is the electric cable: The bulk of the machines I’ve reviewed are fitted with cables that measure up to 50 ft thus providing a good range of movement. The cables are long to help professionals with vacuuming large areas in commercial cleaning scenarios. Long cords prevent the hassle of searching for available plug sockets and are a huge time-saver.
- How long is the wand: Ensure that you choose a model with a long enough wand to stop you from bending down and straining your back. This is particularly important for taller individuals. Ideally, you want an extendable wand, but if the wand for your chosen unit is not long enough then be sure to check that the accessories make up for the shortfall.
- What tools does it come with: The majority of backpack vacuums come with a great range of accessories but the quantity varies. The best advice here is to check out a handful of vacuums from different brands to see what each one offers so that you can gauge what to expect as a minimum.
- Ease of use: With a backpack vacuum one of the biggest considerations is the level of comfort provided by the harness. Some brands have gone to great lengths to provide supreme comfort, brands like Hoover have employed Chiropractors to recommend suitable harness improvements for the best possible fit.
- Suction power: The ones that we’ve shortlisted pack plenty of suction power as they are made for commercial cleaning. As a rule of thumb try to stick to models with a motor that houses a minimum of 5 amps.
- Which brand should you choose? We are starting to see small brands pop up but the best approach is to stick with companies that have been manufacturing vacuums for many years such as Powr-Flite, Hoover, Pro-Team and Bissell.
Our List of the Best Domestic Appliances
- The Best Home Steam Cleaners
- Best Backpack Vacuums
- Best Window Vacuums
- Best Leaf Blower Vacuum Mulcher
- Best Wall Mounted Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Fireplace Ash Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Commercial Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Affordable Robot Vacuums
- Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair
- Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Cordless Vacuums Cleaners
- Best Upright Vacuums