Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and to bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most cases I receive referral commissions. Eventually, I may earn enough to buy a beer or two 🙂
Are you frustrated with the amount of hair that your pet is leaving around the house? Don’t worry I’ve got you covered. Here is our shortlist of the best robotic vacuums for pet hair in 2021. Robot vacuums or autonomous cleaners have been around for several years but it’s only in the past 2-3 years that we’ve seen a growing demand for them and there’s a good reason for this:
- A robot vacuum is a small investment that will save you lots of time in the long run. Imagine getting back home to a clean house after a long day at work.
- Home automation is getting easier with the ability to control and monitor your robot via mobile apps and Amazon Alexa or Google home devices.
- You will be amazed at the amount of pet hair, fluff and dust that your new robot vacuum will lift from your floors (even after a recent vacuum).
- Manufacturers are continuously adding new technologies to our small robot buddies to make them more powerful, pick up more dirt and navigate around the house without help.
- If you want to enjoy the ultimate convenience tool that lets you spend more time with your family and less time cleaning then you should try out a robot vacuum from the list below.
As much as we love our pets, the hair that they shed on carpets and rugs can be a nuisance to get rid of which is why you need to choose a robot with sufficient suction power. Most robots are fitted with a brush roll that sweeps dirt and works together with the suction power to deliver a complete cleaning solution.
If your bot is equipped with a brush roll then the suction power should be between 400-500 Pa which is sufficient for vacuuming pet hair.
If the machine doesn’t come with a brush roll then you need a stronger motor that delivers between 600-700 Pa of suction to lift up pet hair effectively and leave nothing behind.
You’ll be glad to know that the suction power found on the robots that we’ve handpicked exceeds both of the ranges stated above.
I was a sceptic when I first heard about the “little helper that can clean the house whilst you’re out at work or going about your day”. As soon as I tested my first robot vacuum I knew it was going to be the start of a joyous relationship, where the only trade-off would be vacuuming the stairs and anything above floor level (it’s a small price to pay when compared to the time the robot saves me).
What Accessories Should You Expect with Your Robot Vacuum
Accessories will depend on the brand you choose but nowadays most robot vacuums will come with a remote control, a spare set of filters and brushes at the very least. You should also look out for a package that includes a docking station for the robot to automatically charge when the battery is low, virtual wall or barriers to stop the robot venturing into rooms that are off limits. Cleaning brushes and tools, to remove tangled hair, are usually supplied but it’s worth double-checking to ensure that they’re included.
They are several benefits of a robot vacuum for pet owners. After just a few days of using your robot, you will notice how much dirt it will seek out from hidden areas that you might have forgotten about or can’t normally reach. You can also set up a cleaning schedule so that the robot can work on your floors throughout the day whilst you’re out.
Here is our shortlist of the best robot vacuums for pet hair:
#1. Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S
At the top of our list is the Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11s. If you find that pet hair is gathering up faster than you can clean then you might want to consider this robot. It was ranked as the best robot vacuum cleaner for this year because of its high cleaning performance across a different range of floors. Eufy is a great brand that I’ve seen evolve and constantly introduce new technologies to their robots over the years. Pet hair doesn’t stand a chance of hanging around when you unleash the Eufy RoboVac onto your floors.
Are you looking for a robot vacuum that you can program to clean whilst your out at work during the day? Eufy 11S will clean diligently so that you can always return to a clean home at the end of each day.
The robot collects a surprising amount of pet hair, dust and dirt DAILY. I don’t have the time to clean my floors every day- I normally vacuum on the weekends. The Eufy robot takes care of this problem by thoroughly vacuuming every single day- it’s a must-have for busy households.
Before I owned a robot vacuum I could always feel dirt digging into my bare feet walking around the house and I’d always find tonnes of pet hair stuck to my socks by the time I put on shoes. This is now a thing of the past after a few days of Eufy robot cleaning magic.
Emptying the dirt bin take less than a minute and the robot is equipped with spare brush sweepers and filters. You will not find a better robot vacuum at such an affordable price. The robot can easily switch between hard floors and carpets without affecting performance. Here is a quick summary of some of the features you’ll love about Eufy Robovac 11S:
- The RoboVac is equipped with what Eufy calls BoostIQ Technology to instantaneously deliver more suction power whenever it is required to tackle tougher cleaning jobs.
- It provides 100 minutes of powerful uninterrupted floor cleaning at 1300Pa to eliminate pet hair and it operates at a low noise.
- RoboVac has one of the slimmest profiles found on a robot vacuum with a height of just 2.85″.
- It is fitted with smart infrared sensors to avoid obstacles and prevent collisions. Cliff sensors ensure that the robot won’t fall down the stairs and it is wrapped with tempered glass to protect the machine.
- The Eufy robot comes with a charging station, cleaning accessories, a remote control, a spare set of high-grade filters, extra side brushes, cable ties, user guide and a 12-month warranty.
Product Rating 8.6/10
#2. ILIFE V3s Pro Robotic Vacuum
This remarkable robot cleaner gives your floors and carpets the deep clean that they deserve to tackle pet hair. If you own several pets I’d highly recommend this robot as it will stay on top of daily vacuuming that you might not always have the time to do. This little guy will get working on your floor immediately and will gather up pet hair, dust, breadcrumbs, dirt, and kitty litter. I like how the robot cleans quietly, it doesn’t interrupt you or get in the way.
Be sure to keep an eye on the robot for the first few runs whilst it familiarizes itself with its surroundings and you should ensure that the floor is clear from electric cables that it might get caught onto. You’ll be happy to know that the iLife robot will travel underneath furniture and tables to clean hidden areas that you can’t always reach with a larger sized machine. The robot can cope with small obstacles like shoes, pet toys, food bowls which it simply moves out the way.
The iLife V3s Pro has a running time of 1 hour 20 minutes on a full charge. There is enough power for it to vacuum clean 5 large sized rooms in a home that is about 2600 sq feet. The robot is clever enough to return back to its docking station when it knows that the battery is running low, unlike other robots the iLifie doesn’t die halfway back to its dock.
Once it’s completed a few runs it will be fully capable of navigating around your home and ensures that the house stays free from pet hair. The novelty of getting back home to find that the job has been done will never wear off. Here is a quick summary of some of the great features you can expect to enjoy from your new iLife V3s Pro robot:
- It automatically returns to the charging station when it detects that the battery is low.
- You can set up a convenient daily cleaning schedule that works around you.
- This robot vacuum is a pet hair specialist. It’s equipped with brush and suction technology to target the removal of hairs, dust, dirt, debris.
- The robot’s slim profile makes it capable of navigating underneath sofas, furniture, bedframes where you’d normally struggle with a bigger vacuum cleaner.
- Clever navigation technology comes as standard through the use of smart anti-collision and cliff sensors.
The iLife V3s Pro is the preferred robot vacuum for pet owners and it has enjoyed plenty of positive reviews because of its strong performance and ability to eliminate pet hair.
Product Rating 8.6/10
#3. Neato Robotics D6 Vacuum
There’s no need for you to be surrounded by messy pet hair with the Neato D6 robot vacuum. Setting up the robot is extremely easy, simply download the Neato app, connect the D6 to your home WiFi, and create a user account with Neato to enjoy home automation with your new robot. Setup takes a few minutes and your new autonomous robot will get to vacuuming pet hair immediately.
One of the biggest advantages of the Neato D6 is that it uses one of the best apps to schedule cleaning routines, monitor, and control your robot. The app also shows the areas that the robot has already cleaned and lets you create virtual barriers for areas that you don’t want the machine to go, you can do this by creating lines on the map within the app to cordon off areas that are out of bounds. You can also link additional Neato robots to the app should you decide to buy another one.
Suction performance is rated extremely high and on par with premium units that cost considerably more.
The D6 operates very quietly, you can take calls, watch t.v. or listen to music whilst it’s cleaning in the same room. Check the status of the robot from the app such as the remaining battery %, create a cleaning mode, get customer support and also purchase accessories when required.
- Neato D6 is designed to do away with pet hair and catch more dirt, dust and hairs in your home thanks to the better brush technology, side brushes and a high performing filter.
- The robot is equipped with lasers for improved navigation. The clever lasers analyse the surrounding area to distinguish the best possible route. It will vacuum in straight lines rather than randomly and unlike other robot vacuums, the Neato D6 can clean in the dark.
- If you have a house with several floors you can you can set up a customised cleaning plan and designate virtual boundaries for each floor. This is a very useful time-saving feature.
- The total battery operating time is an impressive 2 hours, which is ideal for large homes and busy families. The Neato D6 operates for 33% longer than its predecessors. The robot will clean more of your home with fewer battery charges.
Product Rating 8.5/10
#4. ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The Ecovacs Deebot N79S robot vacuum does the floor cleaning jobs that you hate. Deebot robots are renowned for their powerful suction and you’ll be impressed with the considerable amount of pet hair that the N79s collects. The machine is equipped with a convenient remote and doesn’t require setting up to the wireless network if you’d rather not. As with all Ecovacs robot vacuums, the setup process is straightforward and easy.
This little robot can handle most floor types including carpet, tiles, wooden floors, laminate and rugs of course. If it comes up against a tough area to clean it is equipped with a maximum cleaning mode that doubles the suction power to handle troublesome dirt and pet hair.
The Deebot knows when it needs to go back home to the dock to recharge when its battery is running low and whenever it completes a task.
This is a high-performance stylish robot that gets the job done and keeps your home free from pet hair and dust.
The dirt bin is easy to empty and was always full whenever I emptied it at the end of each day. Ecovacs has made the dirt disposal process very simple and quick to carry out.
The Ecovacs N79s is supplied with a remote, primary brush and 2 side brushes. You can also buy an accessory kit that comes with additional side brushes, an extra brush roller and filters so that you never run out essential accessories.
Deebot N79S is the ideal robot to clear out pet hair and is the perfect appliance for anyone that would rather not vacuum.
- Turbocharge your floor cleaning with max cleaning mode that delivers twice the amount of suction power for tougher jobs.
- There’s a variety of convenient choices for you to control the Deebot N79S including voice control through Alexa or Google home, download the Ecovacs app to schedule cleaning routines and keep an eye on your new robot, it will also send you alerts when the robot is in trouble, control the robot with remote control that is supplied.
- The Ecovacs robot automatically gets to work and is equipped with customised cleaning functions including edge mode to target corners and edges of the room, spot clean to concentrate on a problematic area.
- It’s good to know that the N79s has a 2-hour battery life to give the robot plenty of time to clean the entire floor space including hidden areas underneath furniture.
Product rating 8.4/10
#5. ILIFE V5s Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Water Tank Mop
iLife V5s Robot vacuum has the added benefit of combining vacuuming with floor mopping in one device. My dog sheds a lot of pet hair and the kids constantly bring inside dirt from the garden. My house gets messy very quickly so it makes sense to use a little robot helper but in this case, I’d be getting 2 functions (vacuuming & mopping) for the price of 1.
iLife V5s operates quietly and actually runs for longer than what the manufacturer claims. The robot can squeeze out between 2-3 hours of running time on a single charge!
Once vacuuming is complete, simply fill up the water tank and set it to mop your hard floors.
This robot has received plenty of outstanding customer reviews because of its reliable cleaning performance and low price point. It cleans everything in its path and leaves me with the assurance that I don’t need to buy an expensive robot to enjoy great cleaning results- iLife V5s does it all.
The smart robot will suck up dust, pet hair and debris hiding in your carpets and here are some of the features that you can expect from your new robot:
- You can now combine the conveniences of robot cleaning with the added benefit of floor mopping. You will find a water tank that works together with an integrated mopping spa to clean your hard floors.
- Enjoy high-powered suction performance and pet hair features to ensure that furs, dust and dirt are sucked up effectively.
- Program the robot to clean whilst you’re at work and whenever it detects a low battery it will automatically return to the charging station to refuel.
- The low profile design and clever sensor technology give this robot the ability to navigate underneath sofas, bed frames and furniture to collect dirt and dust that would have been difficult to clean with a larger vacuum cleaner.
Product rating 8.4/10
#6. iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum
iRobot Roomba was one of the first robot vacuums to come onto the market, so it’s safe to say that they know a thing or two about robot vacuum technology and eliminating pet hair. The Roomba 690 is a specialist cleaner for large family homes and can keep on top of the mess and pet hair in busy households.
The first time I saw the Roomba in action was at my sister’s house where it was diligently vacuuming all types of dirt, dust and furs. My sister has 3 kids and 2 dogs and she kept telling me how much of a lifesaver the Roomba was and how much time it was saving her from cleaning her floors on a daily basis.
Roomba 690 sucks up dirt and is more effective than sweeping. It doesn’t need emptying as often because of the large dirt bin, but when you do you’ll be surprised at the amount of dust and furs that the robot collects. It goes underneath furniture to catch hidden dirt and it does so daily. How often do you struggle with your vacuum cleaner to reach underneath furniture? Now this can be done for you every single day!
If you’re a pet owner that struggles to make time for regular floor cleaning I’d highly recommend the Roomba 690 and I’m confident that you’ll be satisfied with the results. Even if you are someone that vacuums daily you should try run the Roomba on your floors then empty the bin, I think you’ll be surprised at the amount of mess that it collects. This is because a robot will clean lots of areas that you would have missed out with your large vacuum.
The Roomba 690 can clean floor edges and corners with the 3 rotating brushes and it will travel underneath bedframes, dressers, sofas and tables.
The robot performs equally on carpets as it does on hard floors. Give this little robot a week of daily cleaning in your home and your floors will be cleaner than ever.
The Roomba smartphone app provides all the convenience to schedule the robot cleaning routines, monitor progress and the status of the robot at any given time.
- Roomba 690 has the advantage of a 3-fold cleaning system and multiple surface brushes to sweep up furs, dust and dirt.
- You can set up a virtual barrier to keep the robot away from rooms that are off limits.
- The dirt sensors are capable of distinguishing when the robot needs to concentrate on stubborn dirt and messier areas.
- The Roomba robot provides 1 hour 30 minutes of cleaning time before it needs to automatically return back to the docking station to recharge its battery.
- The iRobot Home app allows you to control and monitor the robot remotely from anywhere.
- The Roomba 690 can be voice-controlled using Google home or Amazon Alexa devices.
Product rating 8.2/10
#7. ECOVACS DEEBOT M80 Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Last but not least is the Ecovacs Deebot M80. This robot is a great companion in your fight against eliminating pet hair, it seeks out dirt from every corner of the room and provides all the conveniences that you can expect from an autonomous vacuum. The Ecovacs Deebot range has already featured further up on our list and there’s a good reason why it’s made it onto our shortlist twice, pet owners not only get a home that is free from pet hairs but this robot has a hidden feature- it mops too!
If you can’t make the time to vacuum pet hair you can program the Deebot M80 to take care of your floors daily. Here is a quick summary of the functions you will enjoy:
- Similar to the other robot vacuums on our list the Deebot M80 can be voice controlled using Alexa devices. Simply tell Alexa to wake up your robot! You can also control the robot through the Ecovacs app, download the app and link the Deebot to choose different cleaning modes, schedule cleaning times and keep an eye on the robot’s status.
- The Deebot M80 is equipped with a 5-stage cleaning system and a removable deep-cleaning rotating brush and mop.
- It can increase the suction power by over a third when it comes up against tougher cleaning areas.
- The navigation technology has been improved to help the robot map out optimum routes around the house and avoid collisions.
- The Deebot automatically switches between special cleaning modes depending on the type of floor and the level of cleaning that is required.
- The dirt bin capacity is an impressive 500ml and has been specially designed to house more dirt for longer intervals between bin emptying.
- Deebot M80 is one of the most convenient cleaning accessories which combines autonomous floor cleaning and mopping.
- It is priced competitively yet it offers high-end features found on robots that cost double the price.
- It goes about its daily chores quietly but doesn’t compromise cleaning performance.
- Bin emptying is extremely easy. Simply remove the lid and lift the handle to detach the bin and dispose of dirt.
Product rating 7.5/10
That’s it from us. Our shortlist will provide you with everything you need to know to choose the best robot vacuum to eliminate pet hair. Robot vacuums have come a long way but they are now at an exciting stage- we are seeing stronger suction, better route guidance, longer battery performance and bigger dirt canisters. This is one of the best times to invest in a robot cleaner and we will continue to see new technologies emerging from these little devices to keep our homes clean when we don’t have the time to.
Are you considering buying one of the robot vacuums from our list or do you already own one? Please leave your comments in the section below. I’d love to hear from you.
Our List of the Best Domestic Appliances
- The Best Home Steam Cleaners
- Best Backpack Vacuums
- Best Window Vacuums
- Best Leaf Blower Vacuum Mulcher
- Best Wall Mounted Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Fireplace Ash Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Commercial Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Affordable Robot Vacuums
- Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair
- Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Cordless Vacuums Cleaners
- Best Upright Vacuums